Profiles In Music Standstill Apr 14, 2012

JimF-LowBari

I'm with Jeff here.

Happy to be going on BC (before Cabs).

The only downside is that I'll miss the Cabs' performance while we load pit equipment. But I'm guessing I'll see the corps at least a few times this summer. :thumbup:

um....make Gut work for a change

You're alluding to exactly my concern. By the time you two guys - Jeff and Fran - are finished spreading mayhem and chaos throughout the auditorium, anything after that will be an afterthought. The thought of the Cabs hornline having to wade through Emergency Medical Technicians and ambulance crews and doctors and nurses treating the folks in the first four or five rows is somewhat daunting.

Fortunately I'll be standing way up in the back of the auditorium while you're on, so I'm sort of protected from flying mallets, etc., but think of those poor folks in the first few rows. :blink:

well..Chris Garrett isn't conducting with us this year, so that lowers the mayhem. it will also help keep us in time

:tongue:

I'm with Jeff here.

Happy to be going on BC (before Cabs).

The only downside is that I'll miss the Cabs' performance while we load pit equipment. But I'm guessing I'll see the corps at least a few times this summer. :thumbup:

I was planning on setting up a camera in the AV booth, and I might be able to convince the sound guy to record the show, so if that works out ill get some stuff created

• Like 1

um....make Gut work for a change

You're right.

Paul and I are the "old guys" in the pit. We should get those youngsters to do the work. :tongue:

You're right.

Paul and I are the "old guys" in the pit. We should get those youngsters to do the work. :tongue:

and Gut's just lazy

Jeff,

Please make it a point to see me this weekend; I have two things I want to discuss - very briefly.

The first may require some research on your part so I'll give it to you now - what years was your father in Westshore? And what years did you march with them?

The other item can wait until we see each other.

See you there.... Andy

Jeff,

Please make it a point to see me this weekend; I have two things I want to discuss - very briefly.

The first may require some research on your part so I'll give it to you now - what years was your father in Westshore? And what years did you march with them?

The other item can wait until we see each other.

See you there.... Andy

Andy,

I'll be sure to look for you...I always do!

Dad...62-72, 78 ( he was also with the Yankee Rebels 73-76)

me...89-96

I had heard something about a clinic being held at heritage hills Friday night, but I cant seem to find any information on this. Has anyone else heard about it?

Initially there was some talk about an informal drummers "jam session/get-together" there on Friday night but that will not be happening, at least for this year.

The "after show party" will be held there.

There is a USARD (US Association of Rudimental Drummers) convention, with clinics and special performances, the following weekend at the Heritage Hotel in Lancaster. You can find out more about that at www.usard.org click here

Steve

Edited by sky

I don't know about any percussion clinics, but I might be attending a "Guinness clinic" at an Irish pub in downtown Baltimore this evening. :tongue:

• Like 1