Profiles In Music Standstill Apr 14, 2012

JimF-LowBari

I heard that DCA had almost decided to have the Finals in Baltimore, but your back yard wasn't big enough. And then there was something about "scarin' the cats."

True... the cats have the final say here, on all matters of importance. :tongue:

I'm glad the show will go on thanks to Hanover Lancers. I've been going to Sernade In Brass for years in Harrisburg. Now it's in my home town. I don't have to drive far at all. See you all in April!!!:thumbup:

I'm glad the show will go on thanks to Hanover Lancers. I've been going to Sernade In Brass for years in Harrisburg. Now it's in my home town. I don't have to drive far at all. See you all in April!!!:thumbup:

Just for chuckles... How long a drive is it from Harrisburg to York?

On several occasions I took the train to the Serenade in Brass (Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Harrisburg)just as a change of pace. I may do that again for Lancers' show.

On several occasions I took the train to the Serenade in Brass (Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Harrisburg)just as a change of pace. I may do that again for Lancers' show.

'bout an hour Andy... Probably not even that but don't know how far off the highway the school is located. Good news is, I-83 South from Harrisburg to York and the 83 entrace ramp is a mile or so east of the train station.

• 2 months later...

Update: thanks to Lancers corps management and email I've been told that Reading Buccaneers Alumni have recently been added to Profiles In Music.

And thanks to Westshoremen Alumni for a link to the show flyer: (now I'll owe a lot of "blue" people a drinkable for using their link). Whole lotta info in the link that I didn't have (bought my tickets without using the flyer :w00t: ).

http://www.westshoremenalumni.com/images/2012ProfilesInMusicFlier.pdf

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Egads, Andy- York's a straight shot 20-25 miles South of Harrisburg on I-83 (depending on whnat part of Harrisburg you'd run from. Easy drive. Watch the construction zone South of Harrisburg at the Turnpike interchage, though. Just take your half in the middle through the cattle chutes. I tend to. I don;t need NASCAR marks on my wagon. :satisfied: If you have the time- I really recommend Culhane's if you like steak. http://www.culhanessteakseafood.com/contactus.html ... it's South of Harrisburg and on the way to York. It's served with a sizzle and I have no problems packing one down. :worthy:

York Suburban High School is very close to I-83. From the looks of it, coming from the north, you'd get off at Exit 18, from the South, Exit 16. Not far from either exit.

The HS adress address is 1800 Hollywood Drive, York, PA according to MapQuest. I'd guess you'd program that into your GPS, those who have those sort of things.

The HS adress address is 1800 Hollywood Drive, York, PA according to MapQuest. I'd guess you'd program that into your GPS, those who have those sort of things.

I know I'll be plugging it into my GPS. And then have the #### thing tell me I've arrived when I'm half a block away. :doh:

LOL, all I know about York BigW is how to get to the parade meeting place (south of the square... bank parking lot... look left.... stone wall.... oh yeah there.... :tongue: ). Even drove to Smoketown (Amish Country) to get the dog tested so I wouldn't have to go to dun-tun York. :w00t:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

NOTE: (just caught it myself)....

The show starts at 6PM and doors open at 5PM. This is EARLIER than the time Serenade in Brass used to start (7:00 or 7:30). So along with a new venue (and new county/side of the river :rolleyes: ) we have a new time to remember.

If you have the time- I really recommend Culhane's if you like steak. http://www.culhanessteakseafood.com/contactus.html ... it's South of Harrisburg and on the way to York. It's served with a sizzle and I have no problems packing one down. :worthy:

Okay, I have a Harrisburg Steakhouse question,................up a windy road on a little hillside just east of downtown, is/was a great place,........ would you know the name?,..........last time I was there was about 1995 or so,........

Okay, I have a Harrisburg Steakhouse question,................up a windy road on a little hillside just east of downtown, is/was a great place,........ would you know the name?,..........last time I was there was about 1995 or so,........

Thinking near the State Police Barracks either on Herr Street or just off of Herr. Ugh... will have to ask Kris as her folks used to eat there. Want to think Dodge City but either I have the wrong name or the place moved.