Profiles In Music Standstill Apr 14, 2012

JimF-LowBari

I was a regular at SIB show…

Got know Harrisburg pretty well…

A few questions about York and the show...

Are the seats reserved or are they general admission…..

Is it an auditorium with a stage or will it be a gym…..

How far is the Yorktowne hotel to the school….

Is there a hotel where most of the corps are staying…

Any good restaurants in walking distance from the hotel..

Also a good restaurant that serves later on Saturday night after the show….

Is there going to an after show party any place..

Thanks

Pete

Pete, the only question I can answer is... it will be an auditorium with a stage.

Mr. Fawber and others can answer the rest. LOL

Edited by Fran Haring

Jim,

Is "he who shall not be named" doing the announcing?

No. He will be driving the events liability insurance up by performing with the Westshoremen

No. He will be driving the events liability insurance up by performing with the Westshoremen

Since Hawthorne is going on immediately after the Westshoremen, does this mean that they're going to have to climb over EMT's, stretchers, gurneys, etc. just to get to the stage? And will anyone be taking a list of next of kin of those spectators in the first four or five rows?

Pete, the only question I can answer is... it will be an auditorium with a stage.

Mr. Fawber and others can answer the rest. LOL

No my dad doesn't know anything about the show.... Ohhh you mean me....

Pete, seriously I'm pretty sure the seats are reserved as I was asked where in the auditorium we would like to be seated. Haven't seen our tickets yet but got second hand info that the tickets were just printed and delivered to the corps.

As for any info in York I'm at a total loss as I live just outside Harrisburg and don't know a think about York city, York suburbs or York County. LOL, we have reservations for a local hotel that night and if my GPS craps out before then, I am screwed.

I've dug up an old email that refers to an after party show at the Hertiage Hills (2700 Mt Rose Ave - York) Green Terrace Room. I'll have to double check on that as that's where our hotel reservations are at.

Jeff, John and Andy are dead to me. :tongue:

Jeff, John and Andy are dead to me. :tongue:

hey you're the one who made percussion implements lethal weapons

devil.gif

No my dad doesn't know anything about the show.... Ohhh you mean me....

Pete, seriously I'm pretty sure the seats are reserved as I was asked where in the auditorium we would like to be seated. Haven't seen our tickets yet but got second hand info that the tickets were just printed and delivered to the corps.

As for any info in York I'm at a total loss as I live just outside Harrisburg and don't know a think about York city, York suburbs or York County. LOL, we have reservations for a local hotel that night and if my GPS craps out before then, I am screwed.

I've dug up an old email that refers to an after party show at the Hertiage Hills (2700 Mt Rose Ave - York) Green Terrace Room. I'll have to double check on that as that's where our hotel reservations are at.

Jim,

If I may..... (and hoping this is still correct info...)

Hanover Lancers Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps

1st. Annual Profiles in Music

Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:00 PM (Doors open at 5PM)

York Suburban High School

1800 Hollywood Drive

York , PA 17403

Directions to YSHS:

Use I-83 to approach York.

I-83 to exit 16B, Proceed 0.3 mile NW on Queen Street, stay in right lane. Right turn onto Springwood Road for 100 yards. Stay in left lane. Left turn onto Hollywood Parkway. In 0.8 of a mile, York Suburban HS is on the left.

Massed Horns + Lancers Drum Line "You'll Never Walk Alone"

After Show Party - Heritage Hills Resort, 2700 Mt. Rose Avenue, York, PA.

Directions from High School to party Site:

Depart York Suburban HS, turning left, NW onto Hollywood Drive.

Slight right turn onto Hill Street, at the bottom of the hill (0.6 Mile)

Turn right at traffic light onto PA124 East/Mt. Rose Avenue (0.2 Mile)

Proceed on Mt. Rose Ave. to the top of hill. Heritage Resort, 2799 Mt. Rose Ave. is on your right (1.7 Miles)

If you plan on staying over in York, PA after the after party at the Heritage Hill Resort Motel please call the following:

Heritage Hill Resort

2700 Mount Rose Avenue

York , PA 17402

877-782-9752

Code: LAN941312

Rate $114.00 per night plus tax (14%)

Edited by TennTux

hey you're the one who made percussion implements lethal weapons

^_^ Fran didn't invent that concept. Some chucklehead bari player (even by MY standards and Baritone player standards, this guy was a chucklehead) shot a Tenor mallet at my head in HS and put a cut that took three stitches to fix it up. I was lucky I ducked and it only grazed me!

I can even let yah rub the scar on top of my head if you want to next rehearsal! :tongue: