Sad to report the loss of a DCP member

Just saw this on Facebook...DCP member Jon Waggoner (jwscv87) passed away today...looks like a heart attack. 45 years old...far FAR too young.

Jon was an alum of the Black Watch (81-82), Longview Mauraders (83-84), and the Santa Clara Vanguard (85-87, 04 TOR parade)

Jon and I had some fun discussions over the years about who lost DCI by a closer margin to Garfield. We never COULD come to an agreement on who's caption breakdowns were closer...and it was rendered moot in 08.

He was intelligent, respectful, easy to communicate with, and I am glad to have called him an on-line friend for these years.

He leaves behind a wife and 2 children.

My condolences go out to his family and fellow alums.

RIP, Jon. Say hello to Gail for us.

• Like 2

That's so sad. My sincere condolences go out to his family. That's way too young to go, especially for such a great guy.

He's with Gail now, and all of the other DCI alums

NO! Jon was one of the people whom I respected and loved to read here and on FB.

My thoughts are with his family. Wow.

No way! That's too sad! He was the one guy who actually reached out during the years when we competed, and didn't let the competition dictate who he was friendly with! He actually wrote me a letter. Man. That's just so unfair. RIP.

RIP, Jon. Say hello to Gail for us.

Indeed.

• Like 1

Oh man... Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends....

Yes way too young....

45 years old is no age. Sad news but maybe a reminder to live your life to its full potential.

R. I. P