Sad to report the loss of a DCP member

I just found out this morning-- thank you, Bill, for letting me know as I don't check FB very often. I had the honor of marching with Jon in the baritone section my age out year (his first in SCV) and in SCV TOR '04; he will be missed.

My thoughts are with Jon's family; may you rest in peace my fellow Baritone Brother, and say hello to Gail for us. :flower:

-- Morgan Hayden

SCV Baritone 84-85

I'm heartbroken. Jon and I were in the same section all three years he marched SCV (2nd bari in 85 and 86, lead in 87). I can't say we were blood brothers or anything, as he was part of a tight-knit group of people from Washington. Still, I always respected him for being rock-solid as a marcher and player, for always being level-headed (although he got as fired-up as anybody when it was time to), and for never ever appointing himself hero. A true leader by example. That may seem like faint praise, but I've found that his combination of smarts, skill, and egolessness is all too rare.

Fortunately I got to spend some time with him in Pasadena in 2007 as well as virtually through DCP and Facebook. Farewell my friend.

sw47xv.jpg

The 1986 SCV 2nd baritone line (Jon is 2nd from left)

Edited by vanguard87
  • Like 1