DCA DVD's and CD's....

Andyroo

Okay, now I'm getting upset... One source told me that the DCA recordings were to have been shipped on the 8th. Then, another source said it would be on the 18th.

Here it is, the 23d and nothing yet.

I was hoping to force all my relatives to watch them (at least three or four times) tomorrow. Now they'll have nothing to do but eat, watch football, and do other "family stuff."

Has anyone heard anything about a "real" date for shipping?

Okay, now I'm getting upset... One source told me that the DCA recordings were to have been shipped on the 8th. Then, another source said it would be on the 18th.

Here it is, the 23d and nothing yet.

I was hoping to force all my relatives to watch them (at least three or four times) tomorrow. Now they'll have nothing to do but eat, watch football, and do other "family stuff."

Has anyone heard anything about a "real" date for shipping?

I think last year they got them in April............ :cool:

I think last year they got them in April............ :cool:

Most disturbing. I don't know what's worse. Poorer quality recordings/DVD's from the previous supplier or VERY late delivery from the one we have now. Anyone want to comment on which is worse? :thumbdown:

Edited by Vanguard Rich

Most disturbing. I don't know what's worse. Poorer quality recordings/DVD's from the previous supplier or VERY late delivery from the one we have now. Anyone want to comment on which is worse? :thumbdown:

Well, Rich, let's see what the quality is. If they're at all like the ones Duke and his brother did of our show in Bayonne, then they just may be worth the extra time.

In any case, the new shipping date is supposedly this Wednesday, the thirtieth, so we should have them next week sometime.

um...did you contact them and ask?

I did, and this is what I got back. ( :thumbdown: ) So who really knows when we'll get them?? :thumbdown:

"DCA has not shipped as of yet. We are still waiting on copyrights. We will ship as soon as we can".

Box5 Productions

On Nov 23, 2011, at 2:48 PM, Stanczak, Richard J wrote:

What is the status of sending these DVD & CD recordings out?

Richard J. Stanczak

Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps

Edited by Vanguard Rich

well sounds like since they are waiting on copyrights, they can't do anything until they move.

given the licensing issues DCI ran into this year, you may have to be patient, and it's not Box5's fault or in their control

um...did you contact them and ask?

Oh Great!!! Here we were on the cusp of a wonderful whine and along comes Jeff to insert reason, logic, and rationality into the mix.

Jeff, you should be ashamed....

Oh Great!!! Here we were on the cusp of a wonderful whine and along comes Jeff to insert reason, logic, and rationality into the mix.

Jeff, you should be ashamed....

never

never

Okay, then, serious question... Where are these copyright thingies supposed to be coming from?

I was under the impression that all corps had to have all their copyright information to DCA way back in the Spring of 2011. Can't DCA simply send Box 5 copies of that information? And couldn't they have done that, like, way back in September? I don't like to brag, but I know a couple of companies who could get it there overnight.

Or does it have to come from each corps individually?

Or does it have to come from some lawyer dude who's waiting for his shiny three-piece suit to come back from Earl Sheib?