Music City's Song List

Here's the game plan in a bit more detail. As you probably figured out, the show will mesh the music of Phantom of the Opera with some country classics made famous by past stars of the Grand Ole Opry. So each segment of the show will actually consist of two songs. There will be a minimal story line (boy/girl/conflict/resolution). And the show maps out like this...

Opener: The Phantom of the Opera theme/Ring of Fire

Front Ensemble transition: Walkin' After Midnight

Ballad: Sweet Dreams/Music of the Night

Drum Feature: Your Cheatin' Heart/Point of No Return

Closer: All I Ask of You/Stand By Your Man

By the way, Music City is still accepting video auditions for the color guard. For more info please submit an application at www.MusicCityDrumCorps.org. Also, the corps will select a new team of drum majors at the upcoming January 13-15 camp for brass and percussion. It's not too late to throw your name in the drum major hat. Please submit an application to receive more info about the DM auditions.

This helps. Yeah, I would not suggest closing on Music of the Night...risk too much comparison with a 1980s show by a certain corps from California. I do like the concept of Phantom of the Grand Ole Opry though. My concern is merely how clunky it can be when a ton of different musical selections are crammed into 10 minutes. I'll take a look near the end of the season as I am planning to be in Indy this year for finals. Michigan City has always been a great location so I might start the week there this year.