Where are all the older drum corps folks?

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I thought that this would be a great forum for all the "retired" drum corps folks would voice their opinions on new and old corps. Hope more will participate

A word to the wise: "Old Skoolers" are not aways received with warm acceptance on this website, which dominated by modern-era drum corps fans and particiants.

It's not unusual to draw snide comments targeting anyone who is less-than-enthusiastic about what DCI has become (ex. "superiority of band instruments and Bb bugles").

There is an Alumni forum on this website for those of us who were encouraged to "get back on the Old-Fart Bus."

Edited by Navillus WP

• 3 weeks later...

All "old" drum corps people still luv watching drum corps..........some may not agree to the principles it has become compared to "years ago".But things change for the future and so does drum corps......I am just glad when I marched it only costed $300 compared to what it costs today....................................and I fulfilled my dream making it to the top 12!thumbup.gif

I'm confused....isn't that what DCP is already about?

• 4 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I thought that this would be a great forum for all the "retired" drum corps folks would voice their opinions on new and old corps. Hope more will participate

You should check out the alumni section. Many of us old school folks there! :thumbup:

Come join us Grumpy Old Farts Who Don't Know Anything in the Alumni Corps Discussions.

Edited by Navillus WP

Come join us Grumpy Old Farts Who Don't Know Anything in the Alumni Corps Discussions.

When we say a " download " to an old fart, our first thought is that its probably a mishap in our pants.

Edited by BRASSO

Dinosaurs are pretty common on DCP, in fact they might even be in the majority. When they get upset everybody knows about it.

When people ask me if I'm cool with it, I tell 'em I brought a sweater.