The Bridgemen Alumni Official Finals Week Petition

Ok, so there were 7 at Plymouth. How large was the guard during the summer season? 25? 30? Because that really is the number you need in relation to the size of the corps proper. The guard has kept shrinking, not growing, every season. It visually has a detriment on the show being performed.

Sorry but again, my opinion. And one I have heard rather frequently in the stands the last 2 years.

I watched it with my sister who covered her eyes during much of it saying she couldn't look at it.

Part of me wanted to pop her upside the head for being so brutally honest, yet I could not objectively disagree because it was painful to watch. The guard was awful in every aspect.

Yep, we have had some awful moments, but I'd say we have come a long way since '07. We do the best we can, we accept everyone, regardless of their skill level, no one gets cut, and we have a GREAT TIME!!

• Like 1

And that all is very important!!

I've only seen the corps at East. It was hit and miss enough to make me cringe sometimes.

I have a feeling that the visual is what's biting into the music.

How would you (the corps) sound if you (mostly) put aside the visual and just focused on sounding like the Bmen of old?

I dunno -- it was far enough from what I remember that it was sometimes uncomfortable instead of warm and fuzzy. Of course it could be my aging brain cells misremembering what I heard way back when :-)

As far as East goes, I can only speak to the three times I was there. I thought we rocked in 2006, but that was probably one of the weakest brasslines we had. In 07 we opened the show (rather than close it as we have every other year) and I will be the first to admit that was a bad show. East was in July that year because of the Cali finals, and it was HOT. We were not good that day. Last year it was a monsoon, but we had a blast, and the folks that stayed in the rain to watch ate it up.

Would we sound better standing still? I am sure we would, as would (and does) just about every corps, regardless of affiliation. Would we ever sound like Crown or BD, or even the Bridgemen of old? Of course not, just not enough time in the season.

• Like 1

I had a great, rewarding time while I marched in the post competitive Bridgemen! Many, MANY great moments...on the field & off.

That said, in reference to what this topic is supposed to be about, NOT BRIDGEMEN BASHING, but I'd have to say that the Bridgemen would have to up their game if they were gonna do semi-finals. If they were to do semi-finals I'm certain they would throw in the kitchen sink, get alot of people back & be successful. This topic has come up several times since I first marched Bridgemen in 2006 & I'd be willing to bet that if in fact they were invited to do the gig, accepted, that they would get a big corps going...the world may never know either way.

Madison 2006, 27th in 1994...there are your 2 huge benchmarks. Unreal. People will always be talking about the heart and soul that went into those 2 performances by those wonderful groups...I think the Bridgemen, or any alumni corps, would need a good amount of time to get their numbers up, recruit like hell & polish their show.

I am heavily involved with the Reilly Raiders, as their Program Coordinator, trying to grow the business, keep our great name alive, while having fun...but, I told my people 2 years ago that if Bridgemen were to do semis that I'd be in. This has been my "Jordan Rule" so to speak...

As for the bashing...if you bash the Bridgemen I feel like your bashing all alumni corps...like we're delussional for wanting to keep being active & contributing to a great activity. I've competed, both with Crossmen & Sunrisers...I feel like I don't need to compete PLUS wouldn't want to do it shotty due to working/family etc etc. DCA is a young man's game now. I'd have to, and should anyway, get into serious shape to be able to get thru legitimate rehearsal blocks in a competitive corps! LOL...just keeping it real. I'm not alone. The alumni acitivity is filled with adults of all ages that want to practice once or twice per month, forget about the bills & troubles we all have on a daily basis, and put the horn to the chops...for the love of the game baby!

OK..let me wrap it up. Just felt like Bridgemen were getting a raw deal with some of these comments & wanted my 2 little pennies heard...

Take care everyone & Happy Holidays!

• Like 4

I had a great, rewarding time while I marched in the post competitive Bridgemen! Many, MANY great moments...on the field & off.

That said, in reference to what this topic is supposed to be about, NOT BRIDGEMEN BASHING, but I'd have to say that the Bridgemen would have to up their game if they were gonna do semi-finals. If they were to do semi-finals I'm certain they would throw in the kitchen sink, get alot of people back & be successful. This topic has come up several times since I first marched Bridgemen in 2006 & I'd be willing to bet that if in fact they were invited to do the gig, accepted, that they would get a big corps going...the world may never know either way.

Madison 2006, 27th in 1994...there are your 2 huge benchmarks. Unreal. People will always be talking about the heart and soul that went into those 2 performances by those wonderful groups...I think the Bridgemen, or any alumni corps, would need a good amount of time to get their numbers up, recruit like hell & polish their show.

I am heavily involved with the Reilly Raiders, as their Program Coordinator, trying to grow the business, keep our great name alive, while having fun...but, I told my people 2 years ago that if Bridgemen were to do semis that I'd be in. This has been my "Jordan Rule" so to speak...

As for the bashing...if you bash the Bridgemen I feel like your bashing all alumni corps...like we're delussional for wanting to keep being active & contributing to a great activity. I've competed, both with Crossmen & Sunrisers...I feel like I don't need to compete PLUS wouldn't want to do it shotty due to working/family etc etc. DCA is a young man's game now. I'd have to, and should anyway, get into serious shape to be able to get thru legitimate rehearsal blocks in a competitive corps! LOL...just keeping it real. I'm not alone. The alumni acitivity is filled with adults of all ages that want to practice once or twice per month, forget about the bills & troubles we all have on a daily basis, and put the horn to the chops...for the love of the game baby!

OK..let me wrap it up. Just felt like Bridgemen were getting a raw deal with some of these comments & wanted my 2 little pennies heard...

Take care everyone & Happy Holidays!

is it possible you are taking constructive criticism and calling it bashing?

There IS a difference

Could be Jeff...LoL...constructive criticism hurts sometimes, but is good if ya relax, take a deep breath & know people aren't out to hurt ya intentionally...how ya been bro?

insane as always

but I wanted to point out some of what has been said HAS been said out of love