The Bridgemen Alumni Official Finals Week Petition

Can't add much more than what Doug has said, but as a Star alum who was also part of the '10 performance and now a member of Bridgemen Alumni, it would be amazing to be on the turf at the Oil Can again. As far as the Star performance, we showed up at camps knowing the level of excellence that was expected. I personally worked my a*# off on my own time for 2 years so I would feel worthy to be part of it. This was after not marching or playing anywhere for 18 years. I know if the Bridgemen were to get the nod for the Friday spot the same level of excellence would be expected. I'm sure many would return for this performance, but there might be a few who step aside knowing they can't put the time or effort needed into something this big. I certainly don't speak for the admins in Bayonne, but if the invite ever comes I hope they accept :satisfied:

my hotdog corps

Given that Alumni Corps performances at DCI Semi's and Allentown are the last performance in the show, there is no full retreat afterwards, and scores are available almost immediately online, there's really no reason why anyone in the audience would stay to watch the Alumni performance unless they wanted to. As you saw from the picture posted above, nearly everyone stays - and the crowd reaction speaks for itself.

At DCI Semi's, when there isn't an Alumni corps, there is either dead time while waiting on the last couple of scores or there is a performance by an I&E ensemble. Without getting into the quality of these performances, they are designed for a small stage in a hotel conference room. They simply don't project in a stadium. Since you can barely hear them, most of the audience spends the time talking, which makes it even more difficult to hear the performance. All of the Alumni performances at DCI have been infinitely more entertaining than any of the I&E groups.

As for Bridgemen at Semi's, if we are going to do it: the sooner the better - while original members are still capable of marching a field show. Personally, I'm more than happy (and very grateful) for the opportunity to perform annually at Allentown.

• Like 2

If there is to be any Alumni corps that goes to DCI, it must be Cabs Alumni! They would definitely get all Drum Corps fans on their feet and thoroughly entertained!

And not to be like that is the only correct opinion out there, but if you disagree, I question your idea of entertainment.

They already did in 2005 at Foxboro.

They did indeed. The thing is with DCI......to really connect, it should be a corps with DCI ties. You must realize, until DCA corps start appearing outside of the NE in the late 90's, not counting MBI, Kilties and Govies, most fans only knew of DCA via Drum Corps World. When we performed at DCA in 96, people who didnt get to see DCA regularly were amazed at what "old guys" could do.

Which was hysterical given the average of the corps about 27.

so if to invite someone to Semis and really have it go over, you need a corps with DCI, or at least junior corps roots like Royal Airs had.

and if you're going pre-DCI, for God's sake, do like RA...have Brandt announce them as "on the starting line" and have someone fire the gun at the start of the show

They already did in 2005 at Foxboro.

Ah, I did not know that. That was when I wasn't paying any attention to DCI or DCA.

If there is to be any Alumni corps that goes to DCI, it must be Cabs Alumni! They would definitely get all Drum Corps fans on their feet and thoroughly entertained!

And not to be like that is the only correct opinion out there, but if you disagree, I question your idea of entertainment.

No one could ever accuse you of being close-minded!

• Like 2

As for Bridgemen at Semi's, if we are going to do it: the sooner the better - while original members are still capable of marching a field show. Personally, I'm more than happy (and very grateful) for the opportunity to perform annually at Allentown.

No need to march, just park & bark!

If I misinterpretted what was meant as a compliment then I apologize but the theme that seemed to come from multiple posts about the Star Alumni was the "Time" that Star had to prepare and I was simply clarifying that there was not that much time involved.

I thank you for the compliment that the end result appeared that way or that the way that we prepared during those 18 days was successful.

We simply applied the same approach that was used back in the competitive days just with MUCH older people but luckily the core group that organized, designed and taught us are still at the top of their game!! Then it came down to each player and performer taking it upon themself to determine how good they wanted the end product to be and not settling for anything less than their absolute best performance.

As I said if I misinterpretted I apologize.

Edited by SACMellos2010

And it seems to be just fine with the thousands of folks who stand and cheer for us EVERY year (and not just at Allentown!

MARWAN!!

. . and Liz and Rob :smile:

I miss wearing coat #97 just about everyday.

As the Renegades say, "the view is better from the field."

The naysayers may have piled in but I bet the hotdog chompers, true fans and member-supporters would enjoy the enthusiasm and showmanship that the banana men ALWAYS deliver.

oh yeah, and . .

HYPE!

• Like 2