Cadets2 question...

Hello.

What is your name? My name is Glen Johnson.

There are four executive officers that run Drum Corps Associates.

I am one of them.

A few months ago, I received an email from a guy named George Hopkins. He said he wanted to put together a new drum corps made up of people aged 16-25. He asked if he could compete in DCA. I said "yes" . DCA has no age rules.

And that, was the end of that.

I don't know why Mr. Hopkins wants to create a drum corps and put it in DCA. There is one person on planet Earth that knows the answer to that question. That person is George Hopkins. His email address is hopkins@yea.org . If you ask him, he may tell you :)

Glen

That's the point. I'm not sure I'm his "competition". He appears to agree with everything I'm saying. He's literally affirmed every point I've tried to make in his last few posts. Me thinks he's mis-reading my posts and slotting me on the wrong side of the discussion.

But in any case, none of what you said either intimidates me or impresses me. You have not seen me long enough yet to know how I am. I mean look...I'm pretty much standing alone on this whole thread (with like TWO people coming in behind me in defence) and I'm still standing confident and tall. I can hold my own, thank you.

• Like 5

you do realize corps field every year that know they wont win, but will go out and give their all right?

as for the hype...no one from C2 is doing that hype. The only people doing that hype is people like you because you see YEA doing something that find to be unethical, illegal etc.

God, you're making me defend YEA. Stop that

Nah, you did that on your own. We're on the same side of the argument, Jeff. That statement was hyperbole. I was just being sarcstic to prove a point. Yes, I have been in a corps with no hope of winning more than once. It never stopped me. Maybe this post wasn't aimed at me, but you quoted me. I am not hyping C2, infact I'm trying to calm down the hype. I don't find anything wrong with what they have done or are doing.

Then how come they announced they would not have guard until after WGI season? I question your source - as my source is their website itself.

dude,................check out the website photos and video,.........................reading comprehension is needed,.......they had 25 - 30 people on snare drums alone,................not as many horns as you seem to think,.......and they had guard there, they said they would not be back until April

• Like 2

Ohhhh....KAY...and this disproves my point how? I mean, obviously you agree that C2s numbers are higher than most (if not all). Glad you agree with me. What's your point?

doesnt prove your point at all. I just told you the only numbers I saw. 80 brass is, oh, what, 60 or so more than reported from C2? That 80 doesnt count in percussion or guard...it's just brass.

Do us all a favor. Stop while you're behind

• Like 1

Oh my gosh give me a break! C2's age limit is TWO YEARS older than DCI's limit. <Sarcasm>That really makes a huge difference, doesn't it?</sarcasm> :rolleyes:

actually it is. Why?

Cause their cap is different than DCI's cap.

• Like 1

OMG! What is your POINT? Yeah, it makes it tough, and yet - C2 managed to have those numbers. Which might even mean they might have people to cut. Or maybe they march all 70 (ish) and go less in percussion and guard. Either way, you aren't disproving my point. That being, they have high numbers for a DCA corps and most likely quite a big higher than most if not all.

What are you trying to disprove? Whatever it is, it aint working. You are only affirming my points. Thanks, I appreciate it. :rolleyes:

C2 managed to have 100 total bodies. thats not 68 brass.

Boy, you really need to read.

Making "YOU defend YEA"? I AM the one "hyping C2 up" (yeah, I'll admit it). I'm the one stating that they have the numbers, the vehicle and the name to make them go all the way. After replying to 3 recent pots from you and now this, I wonder if you seriously are mis-reading which side of this debate I'm really on. I'm clearly vouching in FAVOR of C2. Not the other way around.

shame is...you dont even really know the real numbers. You're look at a total number, and claiming that as better than anyone else.

And it isn't.

( insert snicker here)

That's the point. I'm not sure I'm his "competition". He appears to agree with everything I'm saying. He's literally affirmed every point I've tried to make in his last few posts. Me thinks he's mis-reading my posts and slotting me on the wrong side of the discussion.

But in any case, none of what you said either intimidates me or impresses me. You have not seen me long enough yet to know how I am. I mean look...I'm pretty much standing alone on this whole thread (with like TWO people coming in behind me in defence) and I'm still standing confident and tall. I can hold my own, thank you.

oh I think it's you that needs to read closer.

And I dont care if I impress or intimidate you. As long as you learn to speak intelligently I'm satisfied

• Like 1

all the size queens.....lol :tongue: C2 could have a total of 80 on the field and blow everyone away or have the max and not.

Will it be a decent quality.....I'm very sure it will be, Hop is not doing this for his health and not to be at the top of the game otherwise why do it. His reasons for this are most likely very different than most coprs either who have started up in A class or in OC.

As far as the OC of DCI what many are forgetting is he has NO INTEREST in OC of DCI and I believe has made that clear before. So there you have it.

FUNNY

MAkes me wonder if the internet exsisted back in the mid 80s when Bush was coming out would the world turn up side down....just a thought :smile: