Play for the Holidays!

I grew up (Batavia, N.Y.) hearing Salvation Army brass players gathered aroung a firepot playing Christmas Music. Many of us brass players play for our favorite organizations throughout the year. Encourage your friends and others you know to go out and play some Christmas music for your local Salvation Army bell ringers or charities. You can do it alone, small groups, larger groups. Please just do yourself a favor "Play" use you talent and share your gift! Can you imagine if every horn player - DCI, DCA, Alumni were to do this? Care, share, give of yourself this season. Some of my most memoriable moments in drum corps have been playing my horn. My most soul renewing activities of late have been playing for seniors, nursing homes & at local Wallmarts & K-Marts during the year.

Please care, please share, play for the holidays!:-)

FrankieP.

I grew up (Batavia, N.Y.) hearing Salvation Army brass players gathered aroung a firepot playing Christmas Music. Many of us brass players play for our favorite organizations throughout the year. Encourage your friends and others you know to go out and play some Christmas music for your local Salvation Army bell ringers or charities. You can do it alone, small groups, larger groups. Please just do yourself a favor "Play" use you talent and share your gift! Can you imagine if every horn player - DCI, DCA, Alumni were to do this? Care, share, give of yourself this season. Some of my most memoriable moments in drum corps have been playing my horn. My most soul renewing activities of late have been playing for seniors, nursing homes & at local Wallmarts & K-Marts during the year.

FrankieP.

I am on it Frankie!!!

...you should tell them that the group you began close to to 20 years ago, is back on on yearly "tour" of nursing homes, VA hospitals and other facilities that people may not be able to leave for the holidays. The members of "Christmas Brass" are from St Joe's Alumni, actual members of the junior from the 60's, Ghost Riders mini corps, Hamburg Kingsmen, Rochester Crusaders and Phoenix. It sounds quite good with music director Bobby LaDuca in charge.

After we were done yesterday, Timmy and I went to JC Penney's at the mall in Batavia for the Salvation Army. It is not too bad with this kind of weather. Just go out and do it. People like it a lot better when you play the horn than ringing the bell!!!

DA

Edited by Donny Drum Corps

I am on it Frankie!!!

...you should tell them that the group you began close to to 20 years ago, is back on on yearly "tour" of nursing homes, VA hospitals and other facilities that people may not be able to leave for the holidays. The members of "Christmas Brass" are from St Joe's Alumni, actual members of the junior from the 60's, Ghost Riders mini corps, Hamburg Kingsmen, Rochester Crusaders and Phoenix. It sounds quite good with music director Bobby LaDuca in charge.

After we were done yesterday, Timmy and I went to JC Penney's at the mall in Batavia for the Salvation Army. It is not too bad with this kind of weather. Just go out and do it. People like it a lot better when you play the horn than ringing the bell!!!

DA

Donny,

It has always been an honor playing your music and next to you. God Bless you and Timmy!

Frankie P.

FrankieP.

For the 3rd consecutive year members from the Boston area alumni corps (Crusaders, Defenders & St. Kevin's)

will be playing Christmas music (both Sacred & secular) . On the Sat. the 17th, 2 shows ............. one at the Providence Place Mall in the afternoon & a local Church at night.On Sunday afternoon a local Church in Rockland, Ma. Then on Jan. 7th we'll be at the Veteran's Home In Bristol, RI.

For the 3rd consecutive year members from the Boston area alumni corps (Crusaders, Defenders & St. Kevin's)

will be playing Christmas music (both Sacred & secular) . On the Sat. the 17th, 2 shows ............. one at the Providence Place Mall in the afternoon & a local Church at night.On Sunday afternoon a local Church in Rockland, Ma. Then on Jan. 7th we'll be at the Veteran's Home In Bristol, RI.

Way to go up there in Mass!!! Thank you all for sharing your talent & time. I loved competing against you all back in the 60's & 70's.(St. Joe's,Batavia) Merry Christmas/Good Health to you all and your families!

FrankieP.