What will WGI do?

guardrocks101

What the deal with Fahrenheit this season? Are they coming out!?

logan is listing financial issues and avon [avon already announced on wgi.org due to this being a rebuilding year for the guard and commitment at the rose bowl] both will not attend wgi finals in dayton however they will probably compete localy.

carmel is most definately coming to wgi to defend their title.

i beleive farenheit [last listed in IND A class,website disabled]will be on hiatus this season.

Edited by dugg

logan is listing financial issues and avon [avon already announced on wgi.org due to this being a rebuilding year for the guard and commitment at the rose bowl] both will not attend wgi finals in dayton however they will probably compete localy.

carmel is most definately coming to wgi to defend their title.

i beleive farenheit [last listed in IND A class,website disabled]will be on hiatus this season.

Thanks for the clarification about Avon/Carmel. I think I misheard or misinterpreted something.

Well it sounds like everyone is having trouble.. Although I find it weird Avon can make it to WGI, they live pretty close. I cant imagine with a little fundraising they would easily be able to pay for entry fees and hotels.

So many guards folding!! So sad.. Good grief!

I would venture to say that a few SO guards will be promoted this season if the registration stays at 14 guards in SW. I am sure that WGI is watching the multiple guards that dropped down to SO this season pretty closely. Also, the registration deadline is not until the end of February for championships and 8 groups that are signed up for a regional still have yet to register for championships.

Looks like Avon not attending is not really a financial issue but something else. Maybe they just need a break. They are still registered for percussion championships in SW class.

I don't know that so many guards are folding as much as scaling back. Perhaps WGI will begin to mirror BOA, with more units attending every other year. This would especially makes sense for high schools that have percussion and guard units since travel is so expensive. I've been amazed WGI has been able to continue to grow pretty steadily throughout its existence, when parts of the country have been in a slow but steady economic decline basically this entire time. WGI is a very intelligent and responsive organization. One thing they have always been good at is sharing fundraising ideas among schools and units. If independent guards can make it through these tough times, so too can high school guards, albeit w/ more parent involvement and fundraising efforts.

• 3 weeks later...

wow, a whopping 17 :shutup: we can add another $W guard to the list,all of a sudden logan h.s. will now be making the trip to compete in dayton for championships!

Edited by dugg
  • Like 2

wow, a whopping 17 :shutup: we can add another $W guard to the list,all of a sudden logan h.s. will now be making the trip to compete in dayton for championships!

Well that's awesome news!!!!!! It's not the same when Logan isn't there

Later,

Mike