Drum Corps on turntable.fm

Alright, ya got me. This is friggin fantastic.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Its a great week to listen to all the shows at Drum Corps & Friends on turntable... come on in, play some shows, chat about the current season this week during finals!

http://plug.dj/drum-corps-friends

Edited by Chris Rohn

FYI, the iPhone app doesn't really support searching well. Searching for "drum corps friends", "drum corps" or "drum_corps_friends" or "drum" or "friends" doesn't find it. And you can't just enter a station.

However, under Popular you can keep scrolling down til you find it. First go to the web version (on a computer only), then find out how many users are currently listening. (you can count their avatars) Then scroll down in the app until you see stations with that many listeners. Once you find it, tap it (of course) and immediately favorite it (options in the upper right corner).

Note 1. that when you are scrolling the stations, you have to move fast through those with more listeners than this one. That's because it keeps resetting the display and putting you back at the top.

Note 2. Ignore the station called "Drum Corps." That's empty.

Note 3. I just discovered that searching "corps" found it. So try that first. I hope you read through these instructions before following them!! tongue.gif

• Like 1

For those who can't afford the $70 to watch finals, come on in and discuss the season, or just come on in and give us the play-by-play in the chat pane ;)

http://plug.dj/drum-corps-friends

Edited by Chris Rohn

I just want to say, for those that haven't checked this out yet: this is amazing. I literally spent all afternoon and evening today listening to and talking about great drum corps shows for HOURS. There is a bot that keeps the music going, but there is also an opportunity if you want to have a turn at picking shows, you can either queue up some shows from the recently played list, or upload your own shows if you have them. I encourage any fan of drum corps to check it out. A big thanks to Chris Rohn for setting up the room and bot in order to share such great music.

• Like 2

This is good stuff. Thanks for sharing it.

• Like 1

I'd really suggest checking this out. It's Drum Corps music 24/7. You can add songs from the recently played and trending list and play those shows if there's a DJ spot open. It's especially great for those who can access the 90's and 80's shows since they dont have a fan network subscription!

Just added a lot of old, obscure and percussion stuff. Oldest show is 1949 Holy Name Cadets and newest 2002 Capital Regiment.