Spirit of Atlanta 2012, OMG

Went to today's show and tell to support my friends. I know things have been getting better and last year's show was awesome, but I wasn't expecting

what I saw and heard today. I mean, Holy Cow. The gym was packed with auditioners, so many I stopped counting. Huge guard, like five drum lines, and a

double horn arc that went along three full walls of a full size gym. They played "Tara's Theme" from Gone with the Wind, and their corps songs. People were screaming and crying.

It was weird and cool all at the same time. I wish my corps would experience something like this, it has to be a great boost. My friends, mostly ageouts are geeked and they should be. Thanks for a great concert and congratulations with a super start to your season.

Edited by mirrormen
  • Like 6

Went to today's show and tell to support my friends. I know things have been getting better and last year's show was awesome, but I wasn't expecting

what I saw and heard today. I mean, Holy Cow. The gym was packed with auditioners, so many I stopped counting. Huge guard, like five drum lines, and a

double horn arc that went along three full walls of a full size gym. They played "Tara's Theme" from Gone with the Wind, and their corps songs. People were screaming and crying.

It was weird and cool all at the same time. I wish my corps would experience something like this. My friends, mostly ageouts are geeked and they should be.

Thanks for a great concert and and congratulations with a super start to your season.

Its that hype of season !

• Like 2

Its that hype of season !

It might not be a huge deal for some of the upper echelon corps to have over 300 people at an audition camp, but I can guarantee you that's BY FAR the most Spirit of Atlanta has ever had (and I've been at most of the audition camps over the past 35 years). Even when we were one of those "upper echelon" corps back in the day, we never had a turnout like this for auditions. So yes, it is a big deal for Spirit, and as you can see in that video that Michael Boo posted the link to (and that I shot, BTW and that features my son on trumpet solo), there is some substance to back up the hype.

Edited by oldsoprano
  • Like 6

1323658899[/url]' post='3104519']

It might not be a huge deal for some of the upper echelon corps to have over 300 people at an audition camp, but I can guarantee you that's BY FAR the most Spirit of Atlanta has ever had (and I've been at most of the audition camps over the past 35 years). Even when we were one of those "upper echelon" corps back in the day, we never had a turnout like this for auditions. So yes, it is a big deal for Spirit, and as you can see in that video that Michael Boo posted the link to (and that I shot, BTW and that features my son on trumpet solo), there is some substance to back up the hype.

Good for you! Nothing wrong with legitimate hype . Just ignore all the DCP cynics. And what a great moment for you as a parent :-) Go Spirit!

• Like 4

Oh God, please let that be their 2012 opener!!! :worthy:

• Like 4

Oh God, please let that be their 2012 opener!!! :worthy:

Amen to that!

It was weird and cool all at the same time. I wish my corps would experience something like this, it has to be a great boost. My friends, mostly ageouts are geeked and they should be. Thanks for a great concert and congratulations with a super start to your season.

CAMP / audition HYPE..

MEANS nothing. sorry.

• Like 3