Spirit of Atlanta 2012, OMG

Good for you! Nothing wrong with legitimate hype . Just ignore all the DCP cynics. And what a great moment for you as a parent :-) Go Spirit!

Great moment for me as a parent, but equally great moment for me as a corps alum who has been involved in the corps for 35 years. Been waiting a long time for some really good things to happen again for Spirit, and now they're happening in spades.

• Like 5

Pride in a corps means a lot.

Hope in a corps' future means a lot.

The excitement of witnessing a productive camp means a lot.

The eagerness of wanting to share one's pride and hope with others means a lot.

Putting down others because they're excited for their corps is what means nothing.

Tis the season to be jolly.

Bravo!!!

• Like 3

t features my son on trumpet solo), there is some substance to back up the hype.

Nice job, as usual, with the solo Will. Glad to see you back in the game. Party on. Also, my favorite part of the whole deal is when you see the kids sitting on the floor (I assume they're guard auditioners) turn in surprise when the crowd reacts to the first notes. Maybe an early indication that they're not in Kansas anymore.

Edited by dapperpoet

CAMP / audition HYPE..

MEANS nothing. sorry.

The two words from this post that are most significant are MEAN and SORRY. Find a water cooler and drink up. Seems your glass is much less than half empty.

Spirit of Atlanta, congratulations on a great 2011 season that started a year ago, resulting in a summer or welcomed surprises, a fantastic show, and yes, resulted in a camp turn out and

fired-up members and fans as clearly displayed in the video. Best of luck for an AMAZING summer!

• Like 4

Good for you! Nothing wrong with legitimate hype . Just ignore all the DCP cynics. And what a great moment for you as a parent :-) Go Spirit!

There are no " cynics " here on this thread.( well, maybe Jerseyboy ). This is a " hype " thread. We've had offseason hype since the dawn of Drum Corps my friend. It is nothing new, nor is it unwanted, nor unappreciated. We love " hype ". I simply stated that its " hype season ". Only a " cynic " would read any more into the fact that this is " hype season " and this was a" hype " for a Drum Corps. Consider this like a football offsesason thread,( for example Notre Dame ) where we read that the college just landed a 5 star football recruit, and their "football recruiting is the best in years". It usually has little correlation to what happens later on the field ( as ND knows full well these days ), but nonetheless it makes fans feel very good when the dreary winter comes, and they receive the good news on off season recruiting. Its understandable, and the offseason " hype " is always...ALWAYS... appreciated. As for Spirit, they were not hyped last offseason, and as a result few people were predicting them in the top 12... but despite any " hype " they surprised most people by making Finals, and almost catching Blue Stars by Finals Nite itself. Just sayin'

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Pride in a corps means a lot.

Hope in a corps' future means a lot.

The excitement of witnessing a productive camp means a lot.

The eagerness of wanting to share one's pride and hope with others means a lot.

Putting down others because they're excited for their corps is what means nothing.

Tis the season to be jolly.

:thumbup: