Spirit of Atlanta 2012, OMG

Now THAT was ridiculous!!! (In the best way ridiculous can be of course! :thumbup: ) Is it June yet??????

Thanks for posting the link Boo!

• Like 1

Spirit's rehearsals are always open, so please do try to come by a camp and check it out.

I think they're still trying to nail down a location for the January camp. Check the corps's website or Facebook page for details in a couple of weeks, or if I think about it, I'll post the location on this thread.

• Like 1

CAMP / audition HYPE..

MEANS nothing. sorry.

Yeah. I mean, remember all those idiots who were so geeked about Phantom's "Spartacus" show before the 2008 season? The way they were talking in December and January about how it could be one of the greatest shows of all time. Morons.

• Like 2

Yeah. I mean, remember all those idiots who were so geeked about Phantom's "Spartacus" show before the 2008 season? The way they were talking in December and January about how it could be one of the greatest shows of all time. Morons.

or all the hype the season after troopers squeeked into finals................oooo wait :tongue: ...jk

• Like 2

Loved it... a lot of fun to listen to and starting a season with an audition camp like that should lead to a fun and successful summer for SOA!!!

The more I think about it, the more I am impressed with their camp turnout and this video of "Georgia." Most all corps would already have pulled this off of youtube. Don't want anyone hearing or seeing any flaws, don't want all those under-qualified judges already writing down scores, blah blah blah. For a first camp, the number of potential members auditioning (I assume all those seated were also part of percussion or guard or both) and the excitement you can hear and feel even from a hand held recorder it exactly why people pay money to see drum corps.

SOA figured out how to be good and exciting last year. They were my fourth favorite show by far. There is a big drop for me to the fifth place favorite group. I am judging by quality and the want-to -see-AND-feel-it-again factor. Very few corps ever give me the unexplainable rush of emotion any more. Bravo DCI and Cesario for allowing the entertainment factor to be important and for corps to not all be cookie cutter groups any longer.

Bring it in 2012 Spirit of Atlanta. Can't wait to hear show details!

• Like 1

Spirit has the most potential, IMO, of making a big splash in 2012. Making the top 12 is great, and I don't want to belittle that. But to break in, and stay in, is something that is hard to do. With Spirit's new identity, exciting shows, and tradition, I would not be surprised to see this organization hang around the top 12 for a good long time. Look out Blue Stars.

• Like 1

The video of "Georgia" was a knock out!!

I've always loved SOA. It's hard to explain but I guess it goes all the way back to the days when Jim Ott had the brass line. They just have that southern SOUND to them. You don't have to see them, you just have to hear them and you know instantly where they're from. I love it. :smile:

• Like 1