Spirit of Atlanta 2012, OMG

I don't know if this has been asked in this thread...but how many horn spots (total spots minus vets from last year) are there available for all those great horn players?

They had a huge age-out class last year. I'd say maybe half the horn line.

My son flew down from New Jersey and is thrilled to be called back to be a part of the horn line. As one of the people there for the resurrection of Spirit of Atlanta back in 1995, 96 and 97 as a management staff member, I am so proud that he will be returning to camp in January and working to become a member of 2012 Spirit of Atlanta. Awesome!!!

-Bryan

• Like 2

I would like to see an updated version of Interstellar Suite.

Blue Devil "B" already won with that. tongue.gif

I would like to see an updated version of Interstellar Suite.

Ick. :thumbdown:

I volunteered at this camp, and my ears are still ringing from it! I was a 2011 rook-out of this corps and I'm so proud to see such an amazing start to the season. Me and several of my ageout friends were there, yelling, screaming, crying...it was awesome!

And just for clarification/confirmation, our ageout class wasn't as big as you might think. ~15-20 in the hornline, and ~30 total. That being said, not everyone is going to be able to make it back for various reasons, so we're looking at maybe half the hornline open (I've heard we're making it bigger than the 72 we fielded last year).

As for the show concept, I'll wait for the organization to post more details, but I will say that it makes sense as the next step in entertainment and Spirit sultry after film noir. 2011 was a magical year for us, but the design team is not losing any steam for 2012.

• Like 2

More video from the December audition camp:

http://vimeo.com/34005259

Next audition camp for horns and drums is January 13-15.

Any word on location yet?

I really liked Spirit of Atlanta's show. No wonder so many people want to audition. Fighting their way back to Finals was pretty amazing.

• Like 6

Ick. :thumbdown:

Ick? Thumbs down to your reply. Interstellar Suite was an awesome show, musically speaking. It would go well with a modern visual program.