Spirit of Atlanta 2012, OMG

I didn't hear a lick of synth. The sound could have been fuller with some low end goo. This is not modern drumcorps. You old schoolers need to stop dwelling in the 70s, 80s, 90s. Live in the NOW, man. (End Sarcasm Here)

• Like 5

I really liked Spirit of Atlanta's show. No wonder so many people want to audition. Fighting their way back to Finals was pretty amazing.

I gave you a green plus to cancel the red minus someone gave you. Why on earth would someone do that in response to the positive note you wrote?

• Like 4

And I put them in the green. :cool:

• Like 1

Went to today's show and tell to support my friends. I know things have been getting better and last year's show was awesome, but I wasn't expecting

what I saw and heard today. I mean, Holy Cow. The gym was packed with auditioners, so many I stopped counting. Huge guard, like five drum lines, and a

double horn arc that went along three full walls of a full size gym. They played "Tara's Theme" from Gone with the Wind, and their corps songs. People were screaming and crying.

It was weird and cool all at the same time. I wish my corps would experience something like this, it has to be a great boost. My friends, mostly ageouts are geeked and they should be. Thanks for a great concert and congratulations with a super start to your season.

And we have our new "hype corps" for the 2012 season. :guinesssmilie:

"Honk Honk!"

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't understand the negative stigma associated with hyping a corps in the off season. I'd much rather listen to people saying positive things and dropping morsels of information in these bleak midwinter months than listen to continued griping about topic x*. I especially don't understand the negative comments in a thread created to hype a specific program.

I am super excited to see Spirit of Atlanta this year. They put out a fantastic program last year (however I am still a little upset they knocked my corps out of finals), and I expect them to do the same this year. I'm also glad more corps are releasing media early in the season.

* judges, Bb horns, electronics, Lucas Oil, anyone in the top 6, etc.

• Like 2