Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

I'll just leave this here... :thumbup:

They did this as the beginning to their encore last night at SCHS. It's sooooooo loud live, and amazing! Hornline is cooking!! Not to mention the drumline is just beyond all others I have seen at this point. Amazing stuff.

This is the first video that captures the sound that they had when I hear them live last week! So good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AHefr1J-ZI

EPIC

This is the first video that captures the sound that they had when I hear them live last week! So good!

Surely you don't think all that amped sound is "so good"? Admittedly camera placement makes a difference in this video, but if that's how they sounded live to you, I sure hope they dial back the amplification!

• Like 1

Surely you don't think all that amped sound is "so good"? Admittedly camera placement makes a difference in this video, but if that's how they sounded live to you, I sure hope they dial back the amplification!

Please tell me this is just a troll attempt, and that you DO see the huge black box which is called a speaker RIGHT in front of the camera.

Edited by Treefidy
  • Like 1

Has anyone ever watch the film "Contact" starring Jodie Foster? I swear the Hymn to a Blue Hour reminded me of that movie when I first heard it st Stanford. According to Wikipedia, the soundtrack for the film was produced/composed by someone else but I swear Hymn to a Blue Hour must be the source music.

Has anyone ever watch the film "Contact" starring Jodie Foster? I swear the Hymn to a Blue Hour reminded me of that movie when I first heard it st Stanford. According to Wikipedia, the soundtrack for the film was produced/composed by someone else but I swear Hymn to a Blue Hour must be the source music.

The main themes have their similarities for sure. I thought it was the main theme from Contact for a second the first time I heard them. Funny, because that would of fit just as well

with the Starry Night theme.

Hymn to a Blue Hour was written 2 years ago, so it wasn't sourced for the soundtrack from 1997.