Your 2011 "Most" Awards

Rehearsal site most likely to cause delirium or heat stroke: Omaha, Nebraska.

Felt I should throw that out there.

Maricopa, AZ...DID cause several cases of heat stroke and heat exhaustion.

Wait, what exactly are you talking about?

There was a problem at the start of their semis show. If you can find a recording of the Friday night show then you'll hear what I'm talking about. I'm no brass expert but I think it was a phasing issue... no doubt somebody will correct me. There was a discussion about it on here on the night because semis were broadcast live.

Look at the points spread between 4th & 6th over the three nights....

PR to CC... Prelims 0.65 behind, Semis 1.7 behind, Finals 0.25 behind.

PR to SCV... Prelims 2.3 ahead, Semis 1.75 ahead, Finals 2.85 ahead.

Most awesome top 3 all-season dogfight in years (BD, Cadets, Cavies; and for fleeting moments, Crown)

Most welcome horn book turn-around (for me) -- BD

Most impressive guard turn around -- Phantom

Most overhyped -- Madison

Most mind-blowing drill design -- Cadets

Most complete package in recent years, probably since early 2000's Cavies -- Cadets

• Like 4

Most heart breaking moment - PR's screw up in Semis. Ok I know I'm a homer but I think there was a better than 50-50 chance they'd have taken Crown in Finals if semis hadn't been so dodgy.

I agree on all counts! Phantom had the far better show. Another week or so and things would have been different!

• Like 6

Most hype - Madison Scouts (with Pioneer as a close runner up)

Most hype- THE MADISON SCOUTS! I guess I would have to agree with you and the others that keep bringing the over hyped stuff up here... but. If that means running to your seats to make sure you did not miss the show is the MOST hype than so be it. To each and everyone that was involved in that 2011 product, be proud... I was at about 10 shows and championship weekend in 2011, people WERE running to get to there seats... running. I dont call that hype or being over hyped... I call it being a must see product! Just like how we talked about it, all off season.

THE MADISON SCOUTS - A Must See Product! Good Job Men, keep up the good work. Cant wait to see where you all take 2012! I for one am not going to miss it....BRING IT!

PEACE!

• Like 6

I don't see how that relates, but xD Good story.

Well, think of my story....then think about this......The "most" categories are a means of taking the utterly unmeasurable and turning it into a half-###ed compliment (and in some cases... a dig). We see them all the time when we are sans drum corps "red meat" and looking for a filler. Opine away!:rolleyes:

• Like 2