"Heart Is More Than Winning"

Great story BDL. I have said it so many times. The '76 Blue Devils were the best drum corps EVER! I will stand by that statement, that corps changed the way the activity worked forever, and in a good way. That show would still kick ### today. I'm sure your sister was very proud of you, even though she had to feel empty to come so close, the outcome was a forgone conclusion by the time Whitewater happened that year so it probably wasn't a huge surprise but still...

Great story BDL. I have said it so many times. The '76 Blue Devils were the best drum corps EVER! I will stand by that statement, that corps changed the way the activity worked forever, and in a good way. That show would still kick ### today. I'm sure your sister was very proud of you, even though she had to feel empty to come so close, the outcome was a forgone conclusion by the time Whitewater happened that year so it probably wasn't a huge surprise but still...

thx..........yea....'76 was a special year for sure.....and I too would take our '76 Corps against ANYONES........ANYTIME. ;)^ .

Sis was proud of me, and by her sharing in my joy, maybe she was a winner also.........

Great story

I moved from NJ in 76 to march with Madison and competed against you BD a lot that year.

I remember seeing those North drums and they were soo cool looking.

The BD's were awesome that year.

I had to learn 2 shows that year cause of you guys !!!

A good friend of Mine, Patti Ann Rago, also moved from NJ and Marched with SCV in the guard that year.

1976 was a great year in my book.

Great story

I moved from NJ in 76 to march with Madison and competed against you BD a lot that year.

A good friend of Mine, Patti Ann Rago, also moved from NJ and Marched with SCV in the guard that year.

yea....PattyAnn marched with us in '76 also, I remember that because her boyfriend was a snare tech for our '76 line..........

Great story

yea....PattyAnn marched with us in '76 also, I remember that because her boyfriend was a snare tech for our '76 line..........

Steve Chorzy (sp?)

yes....or better known ar Steve "Crazy"....what a psycho............ :grrr:

yes....or better known ar Steve "Crazy"....what a psycho............ :grrr:

couldn't agree with you more ... Patti, on the other hand, was great!

So where did Patty Ann end up marching in 76? SCV or Blue Devils?

Thank you sis, for on the night of August 21, 1976......it was you who was the champion on the field that night.

Well, I've gotta say, this is such a beautiful story. You're a classy brother for posting this kind of tribute . . . and I'm sure that means the world to your sister. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! :)

thank you...........it was my pleasure to praise sis..........