Independent World

TrishDish1002

From an IA guard: Thank you! It was disheartening to look into the audience last year and see fewer people in the stands at WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS than we generally see at a local show.

However, the kids had a blast, and that was the important thing :-)

you are very welcome. I totally understand Ive had A guards medal with noone to see it , But even worst is the fact that A guards is what truly supports this activity

From an IA guard: Thank you! It was disheartening to look into the audience last year and see fewer people in the stands at WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS than we generally see at a local show.

What do you expect? Most of the spectators had just watched 20 IW (and 20 SW) guards before that. There isn't really anywhere right by UD Arena to eat, and the IW semis got finished A) at or near rush hour on a torn-up I-75, and B) at the time when restaurants would start seeing the dinner rush.

After watching as many as 40 guards wrapping up at what would be a reasonable early dinner hour, with rush hour traffic to get somewhere decent to eat, is it any surprise the stands would be mostly empty for most of IA finals? People may be ok with arena concessions during the event, but most want to get at least one good meal during the day, and unfortunately for IA, they are always going to be the class that gets caught in that situation.

If finals were ever in Indy it would be somewhat different since there are so many places to eat within a 10 minute walk of either Lucas Oil or Conseco Fieldhouse (I know, there's not much point in moving finals 100 miles away from where it currently is.... but one can always dream).

• Like 1

What do you expect? Most of the spectators had just watched 20 IW (and 20 SW) guards before that. There isn't really anywhere right by UD Arena to eat, and the IW semis got finished A) at or near rush hour on a torn-up I-75, and B) at the time when restaurants would start seeing the dinner rush.

After watching as many as 40 guards wrapping up at what would be a reasonable early dinner hour, with rush hour traffic to get somewhere decent to eat, is it any surprise the stands would be mostly empty for most of IA finals? People may be ok with arena concessions during the event, but most want to get at least one good meal during the day, and unfortunately for IA, they are always going to be the class that gets caught in that situation.

If finals were ever in Indy it would be somewhat different since there are so many places to eat within a 10 minute walk of either Lucas Oil or Conseco Fieldhouse (I know, there's not much point in moving finals 100 miles away from where it currently is.... but one can always dream).

OR you could plan your day to include a decent meal at a time that would not overlap with IA or SA performances. With numerous opportunities to see the IW and SW guards during the weekend...it's more about how the spectator plans their day and not location of the event or the time one eats. :)

• Like 1

People need to stop making excuses.....every year I watch every single world guard in prelims, then go out for a nice dinner and still make it back for the first guard in A class finals. If people really want to get back for the first guard they can......

• Like 4

People need to stop making excuses.....every year I watch every single world guard in prelims, then go out for a nice dinner and still make it back for the first guard in A class finals. If people really want to get back for the first guard they can......

I've done that on the percussion side. Watched all of SW and IW, then ran and got a bite, then saw every IA and SA finalist.

I was more entertained at the finals show. great stuff on the A level on both sides of the house

Who is everyone excited to see this year???

looking forward to pride's return to the stage.

the reported style change at blessed SAC.

the momentum from last years braddock ind. continue.

what tommy keenum will do at cypress ind.

how many productions that will include video/projected images.

michael gaines staging of zydeco.

how many directors use music by adele.

sebastienne st. jacque acting up at the mariott lobby.

Edited by dugg

Sebastienne St. Jacque acting up at the Mariott lobby.

Without question, this is the MOST eagerly anticipated performance scheduled to take place in Dayton in 2012.

General admission tickets and VIP packages for this event are still available. Please contact Rochelle at The Dollar Barn in Middletown for more information and for group sales.

• Like 1

looking forward to pride's return to the stage.

the reported style change at blessed SAC.

the momentum from last years braddock ind. continue.

what tommy keenum will do at cypress ind.

how many productions that will include video/projected images.

michael gaines staging of zydeco.

how many directors use music by adele.

sebastienne st. jacque acting up at the mariott lobby.

have heard that braddock is at a full 40 members and have a show that won't disappoint.

OH GOD, I forgot... WGI is gonna ruin Adele for me again!!!! lol

• Like 1