Madison Scouts 2012

I'm pretty sure that they will put their own spin on it...if it's even all music from Pictures at an Exhibition and there are some rumors flying around that it may be more than just that music. Though even if it is, as I mentioned on another thread...it would not be the first time Madison has done symphonic music. In 1983 they did Colas Breugnon Overture. In 1987 they did a European show that was almost all symphonic. In 1988 they did that "Concerto for Guitar and Jazz Orchestra" which to me has little to no hint at anything jazzy and very symphonic. In 1997 they did a Pirates show that was almost all symphonic. The thing I'm sure we can count on is that it will be as the OP stated "Madisonized" (just as the above examples I gave were as well). :thumbup: I can't wait to see what they do with it!

They've finished very well all of those years, correlation it seems.

• Like 3

My bet is that Madison will be the overwhelming crowd favorite again in 2012. That's not too much of a stretch though.

• Like 7

:thumbup: Edited by CQuinn
  • Like 2

My bet is that Madison will be the overwhelming crowd favorite again in 2012. That's not too much of a stretch though.

I think that's a safe bet. Their staff is very good at designing shows to entertain the crowd.

• Like 2

I do hope they put their own spin on it. I am a big Madison fan, but I also love Santa Clara's more traditional presentation, so I'm hoping Madison strays from then traditional...a bit...

I'm pretty sure that they will put their own spin on it...if it's even all music from Pictures at an Exhibition and there are some rumors flying around that it may be more than just that music. Though even if it is, as I mentioned on another thread...it would not be the first time Madison has done symphonic music. In 1983 they did Colas Breugnon Overture. In 1987 they did a European show that was almost all symphonic. In 1988 they did that "Concerto for Guitar and Jazz Orchestra" which to me has little to no hint at anything jazzy and very symphonic. In 1997 they did a Pirates show that was almost all symphonic. The thing I'm sure we can count on is that it will be as the OP stated "Madisonized" (just as the above examples I gave were as well). :thumbup: I can't wait to see what they do with it!

They've finished very well all of those years, correlation it seems.

OMG! I just watched my Legacy DVD of Madison's 1997 Pirates show and if their symphonic approach to THAT show is anything like how they will approach their Reframed show for 2012 I am going to be very very giddy! :worthy:

I do still have a feeling that there will be more than just Pictures At An Exhibition in the musical book though. But time will tell I guess. Either way, I think this show will be outstanding!

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012
  • Like 3

You thought New York Morning was "retro"? :huh:

Not really Retro but definitely awesome!

• Like 1

No, but Slaughter on Tenth Avenue in 2010 sure was.

• Like 4

I'd say that "New York, New York," "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" could be seen as 'retro,' as well as their entire 2010 production. Plus, IMO, their 2011 show felt like a (fairly seamless) blend of retro w/modern show design. Scouts the last few seasons have done a great job of getting heavily in touch with their history while patiently designing shows that seem to move them closer to modern design in order to move up the competitive ranks. I think they've been pretty brilliant in that regard, and while I wouldn't say either of their 2010 or 2011 shows were personal season favorites for me, I enjoy watching them (er...listening to 2011, or at least the closer :ph34r: ) and love what they're going for. I think saying that Scouts' show designs have been

lately...retro type of show...
is a fairly accurate representation.