Madison Scouts 2012

I think the battery instrumentation was still 9-4-5.

No it's not just Pictures...it has been "Madisonized". I'll leave it at that. It's amazing and the sound they're getting this early is just incredible...you WON'T be let down. There's an even bigger surprise coming later. Everyone's going to go absolutely insane when they unleash this show. Guaranteed. thumbup.gif

Sure hope so..love Madison..BUT with hype...even 1st hand hype..corps tend to not live up to the expectation..and there will always be people that dont like...so better off being surprised.Good Luck MAdison

• Like 2

I think the battery instrumentation was still 9-4-5.

No it's not just Pictures...it has been "Madisonized". I'll leave it at that. It's amazing and the sound they're getting this early is just incredible...you WON'T be let down. There's an even bigger surprise coming later. Everyone's going to go absolutely insane when they unleash this show. Guaranteed. thumbup.gif

I'm usually leery of corps "updating" classics or playing arrangements "inspired by" classic pieces. They usually end up being painfully over-ranged, filled to the brim with drum corps generica with a few notes of the original thrown in here and there, seemingly at random.

But I really, really, really like the "Madisonization" of Peer Gynt from the 98 show. If the Madisonized Pictures is similar, then I'm sure myself and many others will love this show. Really look forward to hearing it . . . and by virtue of my living in Bloomington I'll hear it a lot sooner than most!

I'm usually leery of corps "updating" classics or playing arrangements "inspired by" classic pieces. They usually end up being painfully over-ranged, filled to the brim with drum corps generica with a few notes of the original thrown in here and there, seemingly at random.

But I really, really, really like the "Madisonization" of Peer Gynt from the 98 show. If the Madisonized Pictures is similar, then I'm sure myself and many others will love this show. Really look forward to hearing it . . . and by virtue of my living in Bloomington I'll hear it a lot sooner than most!

There were rumors that Madison was leaving the facility in Bloomington. Anything to that?

I think the point Yellowpants was trying to make by admitting that the music was not all from Pictures is not so much that the music used from Pictures itself is being "updated" but that there is other music being used within the show.

I don't think you can compare drum corps with each other. Every corps has its own history and traditions... all with different meaning like "splooie" yes the only way you know what that means is if you are a member of the corps itself. To others its just whatever, yet respected. Madison is just awesome period!!

I am looking forward to everyones 2012 show! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Enough of the mumbo jumbo ... put your money where your mouth is. I purchased my Atlanta tickets last night and got them in the VIP section for the Scouts, Section 221 and at $55.00 each. Not too shabby. I am excited about the upcoming year. My only hope is that Madison changes uniforms!

• Like 1

Thanks to the contributions so far for the Madison Scouts documentary, "SCOUTS HONOR" I was able to go to the January camp in Dallas this past weekend to shoot footage. The show music is VERY exciting. We picked a terrific year to shoot this film. I got a chance to talk with Dann Petersen (corps director) and Chris Komnick (executive director) on camera about our project... A Talk with the Directors of the Madison Scouts

We only have 4 1/2 days left with our IndieGoGo campaign. Help fund this film so we can capture and preserve Madison history.

Thanks to the contributions so far for the Madison Scouts documentary, "SCOUTS HONOR" I was able to go to the January camp in Dallas this past weekend to shoot footage. The show music is VERY exciting. We picked a terrific year to shoot this film. I got a chance to talk with Dann Petersen (corps director) and Chris Komnick (executive director) on camera about our project... A Talk with the Directors of the Madison Scouts

We only have 4 1/2 days left with our IndieGoGo campaign. Help fund this film so we can capture and preserve Madison history.

I think you may see a little boost in your numbers these last 4 days. Good luck, looking forward to seeing it.

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

• Like 1

There were rumors that Madison was leaving the facility in Bloomington. Anything to that?

Yeah the WACPAC maybe being torn down from what I hear from friends in the current corps because of its age.

Edited by Armyscout

I think you may see a little boost in your numbers these last 4 days. Good luck, looking forward to seeing it.

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Thanks! The more money we can raise these next few days from friends, fans, alumni, etc. the more likely we'll be able to get other sources of money to make our film. We'll be able to show sponsors and investors that there is a bunch of momentum and anticipation from the fan base. Spread the word!