Madison Scouts 2012

I'd love to hear some more scoop on the music selections (the blasts from the pasts that have been alluded to, woven throughout Pictures at an Exhibition), are there really 28 trumpets in the show, what the ensemble brass sound is compared to....say 2010, any new directions drill/staging is going this year, experiences thus far with new percussion leadership, etc. Hoping for a lot of great things from the Scouts in 2012.

• Like 2

From my understanding, that (see underlined/bold") is what they are doing. Hence the title "Reframed". According to a source I've been in contact with from within the organization, each movement if this show has a "Madison Favorite" that is "framed" by a movement from pictures. I think it's only 3 or 4 movements though. Not the full amount of movments within Mussorgski's work as you were speculating. But yes, unless the person I've talked to is just messing with my head (and that's possible)...the show is Madison Trademark music mixed with movements from Pictures. We shall see for sure in just a few months.

Helped the Corps this weekend, man they got alot of stuff. I was wondering what your thoughts were on the Madison Trademark music. Mushroom Hunters, Empire State of Mind, Cats, Ice Castles, Colas, Jesus Crist Superstar, Ballet in Brass, Star Wars, ect. ect. ect. Do you mean new stuff (Empire) or old stuff (Brians Song)? Both are pretty much Madison Trademark... IMO! Just wondering.

• Like 1

Helped the Corps this weekend, man they got alot of stuff. I was wondering what your thoughts were on the Madison Trademark music. Mushroom Hunters, Empire State of Mind, Cats, Ice Castles, Colas, Jesus Crist Superstar, Ballet in Brass, Star Wars, ect. ect. ect. Do you mean new stuff (Empire) or old stuff (Brians Song)? Both are pretty much Madison Trademark... IMO! Just wondering.

No, I'm talking about the trademark tunes that are supposedly mixed throughout the actual show. Supposedly, it's Pictures mixed with "blasts from the past". Did you not catch any of that when you saw them? I'm pretty certain I know what the tunes are, but I'm not going to be the jerk who spills it online before the corps chooses to do so themselves.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 1

I really hope they do well this year. Such an amazing corps, I'm probably going to audition myself in the fall. I kinda wish they would bring back some red in their uniforms, though. Whatever, that's just my opinion. Their uniforms still look awesome.

• Like 1

I really hope they do well this year. Such an amazing corps, I'm probably going to audition myself in the fall. I kinda wish they would bring back some red in their uniforms, though. Whatever, that's just my opinion. Their uniforms still look awesome.

I am fairly certain that he means he helped out with some behinds the scenes logistics preparing the corps for move ins. I know because there were no horns playing notes guard spinning and drums banging... haha I am sure he just was being a great volunteer. Thank you for your help btw!

I am fairly certain that he means he helped out with some behinds the scenes logistics preparing the corps for move ins. I know because there were no horns playing notes guard spinning and drums banging... haha I am sure he just was being a great volunteer. Thank you for your help btw!

wompwomp is correct. Thirdcoast, myself and others loaded up Badger One for the trip to Indy for every days. There were 5 of us alumni from the 70's, 1 from the 60's, 1 from the 80's, 3 board members, a current Scout and a future Scout. There were no horns playing, flags spinning or drums banging but there were plenty of back in the day stories

being retold for the umpteenth time. Always a great time hanging with my brothers.

• Like 2

No, I'm talking about the trademark tunes that are supposedly mixed throughout the actual show. Supposedly, it's Pictures mixed with "blasts from the past". Did you not catch any of that when you saw them? I'm pretty certain I know what the tunes are, but I'm not going to be the jerk who spills it online before the corps chooses to do so themselves.

Never saw them. Your right, its always good to not be the jerk. Peace!

bye the way... the Corps does sound outstanding!