Madison Scouts 2012

until someone insults you

:tongue:

Lol! Exactly!

• Like 1

I'd love to hear some more scoop on the music selections (the blasts from the pasts that have been alluded to, woven throughout Pictures at an Exhibition), are there really 28 trumpets in the show, what the ensemble brass sound is compared to....say 2010, any new directions drill/staging is going this year, experiences thus far with new percussion leadership, etc. Hoping for a lot of great things from the Scouts in 2012.

*sigh*

Unfortunately, the above post still stands. Still looking forward to MS 2012, though.

Edit - I was simply going with the Scouts theme and "reframing" my earlier post. :tongue:

Edited by HOOKEDBYLEGEND78

Interesting. Without an audition? Something else I need to learn about.

This... was a pretty great moment. You know when you see something, and you just say " everything is going to be ok ".

The comment was kinda off the cuf... his name was Noah and he had nothing better to do on a Saturday morning but go and help load a bus full of cooking goods, pots and pans, 8 ft tables, this that and a bunch of other stuff, for The MADISON SCOUTS spring training. A young dude, maybe 15, played trumpet. He busted ###, to help me get that bus loaded.

It was cool, he marched Div 2 the last few years and he has a goal to next year go Div 1. One more year and he is going for it... he has a goal, to try out for THE MADISON SCOUTS! He must of told me 10 times, thats his goal, it was pretty sweet. It is great seeing this new crop of kids, now not only do I get to hang with the ones that are in the Corps, now I get to hang with the ones that want to be in The Corps. I will be shaking Noah's hand on tour this summer, you can count on that!

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Edited by thirdcoast
  • Like 3

Drumline moves in this weekend. Still wondering what color the drums will be this year.

• Like 1

FB has photos of Scouts drum line on the field... Their season has started.. Best of luck to the Battery, they should be kicking it up in 2012!!

Scouts fans (and Cavies and Cadet fans) type in

My Top 5 Favorite DCI Closers

on the search video tube.. it's awesome..

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

That was such an awesome video clip! IF that doesn't motivate you for drum corps season nothing will!

Whatever, dude. Every corps has their honks. Crown honks, for instance, being among the most annoying and vocal. The Scouts tend to stay in their thread and not run around beating their chests in other threads. The same can't be said for most other corps fans.

As to GTC's comments in this thread, I've said it before and I'll say it again...I hate the Bluecoats with a passion. I haven't enjoyed a product they've put on the field since Night in Tunesia. I find them gimmicky and boring. I especially can't stand when people rave about them as if they're something special. I literally couldn't be happier than if they closed up shop tomorrow and were never heard from again and I don't care what anyone thinks of that.

HOWEVER, despite my feelings about the Bluecoats, I have never felt the need to open a Bluecoats thread and post negative things or troll their fan base. I get no satisfaction from it. In other words, I'm not a dick about it.

Don't be a dick.

Saying it makes you one. Congrats!

• Like 2