Madison Scouts 2012

You had unreasonable expectations for a SCOUTS thread? :huh:

Just having fun here bro, nothing quite poking an obliging lion! :tongue:

Last night at the Dublin, Ohio show there was a group of 7-8 Scouts, still in uniform, that stood near the exit shaking hands with folks as they departed the stadium. Each one said thank you for coming to the show.

TOTAL CLASS SCOUTS :thumbup:

oh yeah...the Dublin crowd gave most of the corps a standing ovation as they left the field, but only ONE corps had them on their feet BEFORE the show was done and gave a prolonged ovation as they left. (Audience ENGAGEMENT+++)

• Like 3

Last night at the Dublin, Ohio show there was a group of 7-8 Scouts, still in uniform, that stood near the exit shaking hands with folks as they departed the stadium. Each one said thank you for coming to the show.

TOTAL CLASS SCOUTS :thumbup:

oh yeah...the Dublin crowd gave most of the corps a standing ovation as they left the field, but only ONE corps had them on their feet BEFORE the show was done and gave a prolonged ovation as they left. (Audience ENGAGEMENT+++)

What a wonderful thing to hear!! Class indeed!!! Cannot wait to see them again in Atown. Several changes from SA...excited to them live!! Thanks for sharing this!!

What a wonderful thing to hear!! Class indeed!!! Cannot wait to see them again in Atown. Several changes from SA...excited to them live!! Thanks for sharing this!!

I'm wondering if there is some trend this season toward showing appreciation like this. At the early July Cedarburg show, I passed Pioneer's drum majors, who thanked me (and others) for coming to the show. It definitely made an impression on me. I don't think that had happened to me ever before, and I have been attending drum corps shows since 1966.

Anyone have any idea whats going on with Madisons drum scores? They go from 16.2 to 17.8 in one show. This caption has been all over the place lately. Early in the season the line was being rewarded for its playing, just kind of weird scores as of late? Did something change?

Anyone have any idea whats going on with Madisons drum scores? They go from 16.2 to 17.8 in one show. This caption has been all over the place lately. Early in the season the line was being rewarded for its playing, just kind of weird scores as of late? Did something change?

Evidently they score better when Jeff Lee is there with the corps. :tongue:

• Like 1

I really admire the optimism of Scouts fans. But you need to realize that there is sometime wrong with the show design. You can blame slotting, performance order, judges or even the wind when the color guard is bad.......BTW there in no wind in the Alamodome or the Georgia Dome.

Musically the show doesn't work. The visual program program is vastly better than year but is not getting clean. The crowd response is always incredible for the Scouts, but if wonder if the ovations they receive are really for the show they just saw or a response to tradition and history

.BTW...... Do not thiink that this is an attack but more of a reality check. I have been a fan of the Madison Scouts for more than three decades! But all the red marks in the world are not going are to fix show design problems or hurt my feelings in any way.

Edited by musclebud
  • Like 3

I really admire the optimism of Scouts fans. But you need to realize that there is sometime wrong with the show design. You can blame slotting, performance order, judges or even the wind when the color guard is bad.......BTW there in no wind in the Alamodome or the Georgia Dome.

Musically the show doesn't work. The visual program program is vastly better than year but is not getting clean. The crowd response is always incredible for the Scouts, but if wonder if the ovations they receive are really for the show they just saw or a response to tradition and history.

Is his a serious post? :huh: They've beaten Cavaliers most of the season (minus one or two times) and have split with Boston, besting them in SA and losing to them in Atlanta. They've been sitting 7th for most of the season as well. Not sure how all that factors into what you just said.

• Like 3

I'm sure Scouts fans everywhere will join me in thanking muscledud for the REALITY CHECK.

I needed that after being so mislead last night at Dublin by the 6,000 fans that were standing and applauding well before the show was over.

With muscledud's approval I will copy his post and hand them out to the tens of thousands who will no doubt be standing and applauding over the course of the next 11 days. They too will need this REALITY CHECK.

Edited by oldbandguy
  • Like 3