Madison Scouts 2012

Congratulations Men!...Once again, a great year to be a Madison Scout! I can’t help though but to be contemplative...10th to 9th? So what was it that kept the program from moving further then I know was expected this year? Was it the new judging element? Was it design? Arranging? Concept?...What was it? It's obvious that the crowd deeply loves the Scouts, but what will it take to begin to make larger strides upward? One observation and this may only be my perception, but, did Madison’s "guard" element take a step backwards this year? Or, did every other guard just get a lot better? It was quite exciting through half of the summer to see how well Madison’s percussion were doing...but then what, did slotting take over? In my era, we were either winning top brass trophies, or we were consistently one of the top lines year in and year out. I'm left wondering, what will it take? I believe the most consistent comment I read or heard this summer, is that people loved the beginning and the end of the show, but that the middle "mash-up" never meshed and left people wanting more. I think most were expecting the Madison ball to be advanced quite a bit further this summer. I trust though that the Men of Madison had a wonderful summer and that they'll never forget this experience and that no matter the outcome, their brotherhood and the Madison way transcends everything else. Here's to hoping that these men come back in droves next season to experience the 75th anniversary show. Here's to hoping that Jim Mason and crew have something magical up their sleeves! Thank you Madison...And now, on to a wonderful 75th!

Rumor has it members already know

next years concept?

Yes sir (or ma'am). I heard a rumor of a show title but who I heard it from was uncertain of the exact title which was given. They were however certain of the pieces which will be apart of the show. One of these pieces hasn't been performed on the field in several decades :shutup:

next years concept?

Next year is Madisons 75th anniversary, right? The obvious assumption is another greatest hits show...but I am hoping for a Spanish/Jazz show ala 1995. Spats, white belts, a red sash & red stripe on the aussie would be nice too...

One more thing...PLEASE turn down the bass, amps & pit mics.

Next year is Madisons 75th anniversary, right? The obvious assumption is another greatest hits show...but I am hoping for a Spanish/Jazz show ala 1995. Spats, white belts, a red sash & red stripe on the aussie would be nice too...

from what i've heard, not quite! (i only heard musical selections)

my one prediction is there will be many alumni in tears after each show. it's a bet i would take anytime anywhere.

i wouldn't mind seeing a uniform similar to the 03-05 years. the uniforms they have now will be going on 3 years next summer, which is a long time in today's dci.

the great thing about the unknown, is that it is truly unknown. for now everyone should enjoy the phenomenal summers had by all corps and not worry about next summer... aww who am i kidding? everyone is always ready for more dci!

from what i've heard, not quite! (i only heard musical selections)

my one prediction is there will be many alumni in tears after each show. it's a bet i would take anytime anywhere.

i wouldn't mind seeing a uniform similar to the 03-05 years. the uniforms they have now will be going on 3 years next summer, which is a long time in today's dci.

the great thing about the unknown, is that it is truly unknown. for now everyone should enjoy the phenomenal summers had by all corps and not worry about next summer... aww who am i kidding? everyone is always ready for more dci!

Tears are good This narrows it down!

Don't get too anxious about the show announcement. It won't be long at all until the world knows. :) (possibly even today)