Madison Scouts 2012

where those march updates at :cool:

I've become convinced that a Scouts thread is the only corps thread that can easily hit 50-75 pages before the summer even begins. :thumbup:

Speaking of which, we're a mere 2 months from Memorial Day camps and move-ins!

• Like 6

I was able to make it to their ensemble rehearsal yesterday...WOOOOOWWWWW!!! I knew Robert W. Smith could compose great music...this will POSITIVELY be a historic season for the Scouts. Of course, I am a homer and love the Scouts, but I truly enjoy the level at which other corps play as well. Honestly, last year it took me a bit to get to the point where I really enjoyed the music. This year, however, they grab you from the first few notes. Talk about "Wall of Sound"!!! The music is so intelligently written...it takes your ear on a journey from one gorgeous line to the next. So many details you can focus on and fall in love with. Pictures on an Exhibition has DEFINITELY been "Madisonized" in an amazing way. If you can't stand the Scouts, prepare to fall in love with them this year. They're absolutely ready to mop up some top corps in the aspect of brass. All sections contribute equally to the "wall". Screamers...check, check, check, check, check, check, check. Battery has notes on top of notes and are executing at an pretty impressive level. I can't wait to see the visual package associated with it. Some of the men were saying that Smith said they won't be below 120bpm on the field. Plans change all the time...who knows. I know the term "hype" exists, but my comments about this weekend don't do those gentleman justice. Over 4:00 of completely memorized music that they received last week...not a dip in energy. It's January folks. Appreciate your face while you still have it.

Still like this, even in April! Ha ha!

28,000 views... Wow.

Edited by thirdcoast

I agree. That was terrific rifle toss work by Madison in that clip.

I'm going to the camp at the end of this month (to audtition). I'm pretty excited to be going. I just printed out my show music (Bari 3) it's pretty exciting music!!!

• Like 4