Best Stadium to Perform in?

Hornell, New York. Tiny, but I swear that between the metal stands, the overhang, and the flat "turf" (more like concrete covered with industrial low-pile carpet), it is possible to push the stands backward a few inches. Really something else. Definitely had one of the most memorable rehearsals and shows ever at this venue. Check out the header image here: http://www.hornellfootball.com/

UW Whitewater - just crazy drum corps crowds every year for dci Midwest

UW Madison - see above but add in finals fervor.

Dekalb/NIUE - great crowd, big show to kick off 2nd tour, and great healthy (mostly) competition with PR, scouts, cavaliers, guardsmen, blue stars, etc....

Allentown - uncomparable atmosphere for performers and attendees alike.

Bloomington - first time back in front of a live audience in over 20 years as part of cavaliers alumni corps, looked up and saw the crowd that stayed to watch and got misty eyed. The 5 or 6 standing ovations during the show made it seem almost surreal. Sharing the field with a group of brothers from every single year of the corps existence plus the crowd reaction puts this one at the top of my list. Nice field too.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloomington... hands down.

IU memorial stadium?

ever perform there when it was empty?

I was in IU's marching band for 4 years and played at a bunch of IU's home football games- does that count? :tongue:

• Like 1

1. Denver: Home Crowd, great acoustics, beautiful weather, being able to go home for a night afterward

2. J. Birney Crum: Old time drum corps crowd, snow cones

3. Alamodome: The air conditioning is heaven after a week of Texas.

• Like 1

I was in IU's marching band for 4 years and played at a bunch of IU's home football games- does that count? :tongue:

haha half the stands might have been filled by the visiting team

we had quite a few rehearsal days there, it was a fun place. the sounds the stadium makes sometimes due to reverb is pretty cool, especially tenor drums

I think one of the better places is the Alamodome. I sadly have not played as a member of any drum corps, but in high school I got to play in it... i'll never forget how excited I was! haha, being able to march where champions of each corps (yes each corps is a champion!) marched in! :thumbup: