Malaguena

1978 getting my platform shoes out.....(

) Edited by blueorginal

I love Cadets version, but I got to go with 88 Scouts, unreal, might have something to do with witnessing their encore performance finals night from about 10 ft in front of the pit. If you think the finals night competitive run that's on the DVD is great, my God the encore run was mind blowing.

I love Cadets version, but I got to go with 88 Scouts, unreal, might have something to do with witnessing their encore performance finals night from about 10 ft in front of the pit. If you think the finals night competitive run that's on the DVD is great, my God the encore run was mind blowing.

Maybe we said Hi that night!

I do so wish I had 2 performances of our show, one that is rare and one that I doubt exists. From a competitive standpoint, I think semis was by far the best run of the show. I saw a videotape once in SS's living room.

From an emotional standpoint boy would I love to watch our encore from the stands (while simultaneously playing at the same time!). I remember playing some extra concert stuff too, and singing "Never Walk".

It was a weird and wonderful night!

As an audience member? Give me VK!

1988 Madison Scouts. It never gets old.

Although....The Cadets 2003 rendition was alright, too.

• Like 2

Go.

All the corps played well right up there with Boston.

That was a special night. For as much as we the Corps brought the show that weekend, you the fans made it a special night.

• Like 1

"Maleguena":

The 1961 & 1962 versions of the old Caimbridge Caballeros (MA) had a great version of it, written by Al Saia. It was so good that Arthur Fiedler, the director of the Boston Pops raved about it after hearing it in rehearsal.The Caballeros can be heard in "Concert" on the olde 1962 Fleetwood "Evening with the Corps" CD remake.

Nick Vendon wrote a good chart for the Madiosn Scouts again, "Way Back" in 1963.

Elphaba

Hands down the best version on single valve/slide out of tuned horns in the Shell in Boston. :worthy:

• Like 1