Pioneer 2012

We would like to post more clips and so forth, but in all honesty it's a double edge sword. If we post anything more than some camp dates and basic press releases detailing our show/staff, there's a contingency of DCP regulars that come at us with torches lit and accuse us of overhyping the corps and/or failing to live up to the hype. Fair enough. We respect their opinions and have made an effort not to overhype the corps while still getting the necessary/relevant info out there.

In addition, it's no secret that we often times start out the winter/spring with less than the desired number of members. Would a video from the December Camp in 2010 that showed 12 horn players really have hyped up or helped anything leading up to the 2011 season? I don't know... My gut reaction is that it would have led to even more of the turmoil that we had on DCP over the past two years.

More realistically, I have the equipment, hardware and software that would allow us to produce videos the same quality as Blue Devils, Cadets and some of the other top tier corps. What we lack often times is the physical time to make it happen. I've done videos for the corps in the past, but the past couple years have been full of personal challenges that have made it more difficult for me to spend time with the corps. I'm working on a couple of things for the spring time (including a new video gallery for the website), but don't want to make any real promises on the content until it goes live!

DVD - We're working on a project that may extend back over the entire 50 year history of the corps. Again, time is a huge factor here and finding the equipment necessary to convert some of these old formats has been a bit of challenge. More to come on this at a later date!

Why is a corps afraid of retribution from DCP????? No other corps is, why should Pioneer?

Why is a corps afraid of retribution from DCP????? No other corps is, why should Pioneer?

We're not afraid of DCP. If that's the impression that you got, I apologize. I personally embrace DCP as a powerful recruiting and communication tool. However, at times DCP (similar to TMZ or the National Enquirer) can legitimately become a distraction... and even a PR nightmare when threads blow up in the way that several have about Pioneer in recent years. It's great that people want to talk about the corps and we've always appreciated constructive feedback. However, as a corps we don't always have the resources to mitigate threads that turn into bashing of almost every aspect of the corps and its personnel. You have to weigh the pros against the cons, and sometimes it's best to avoid the fire all together rather than trying to play with it!

Voting is now open for this round of Citgo's Fueling Good Contest!

We have a chance to win $5,000 in gas cards for this upcoming year. Please take a moment to vote for us! You can vote daily and every vote will help!

Click Here to Vote! Vote Daily!

We can still use more votes in the Citgo Fueling Good contest! You can vote daily at the link above!

We're not afraid of DCP. If that's the impression that you got, I apologize. I personally embrace DCP as a powerful recruiting and communication tool. However, at times DCP (similar to TMZ or the National Enquirer) can legitimately become a distraction... and even a PR nightmare when threads blow up in the way that several have about Pioneer in recent years. It's great that people want to talk about the corps and we've always appreciated constructive feedback. However, as a corps we don't always have the resources to mitigate threads that turn into bashing of almost every aspect of the corps and its personnel. You have to weigh the pros against the cons, and sometimes it's best to avoid the fire all together rather than trying to play with it!

I do indeed see where you're coming from. I'm rather new to this place and have already seen it can be quite ruthless, sometimes unnecessarily so. Best of luck to your corps this summer, I'll be seeing you on the road!

Pioneer is one of the few corps that seems to embrace DCP. Think: how often does BD, SCV, Phantom, Cavies, or Bluecoats OFFICIALLY come on here to inform us?

They are wise to play safe here. We (DCP) do not have a sterling reputation when it comes to consistency, honesty, and fair play.

Pioneer is one of the few corps that seems to embrace DCP. Think: how often does BD, SCV, Phantom, Cavies, or Bluecoats OFFICIALLY come on here to inform us?

They are wise to play safe here. We (DCP) do not have a sterling reputation when it comes to consistency, honesty, and fair play.

many of if not most corps members and staff are told stay off here.I was with a WC corps last year that sent a kid home at the end of july for posting his inner most feelings on a rehearsal on face book.

Edited by GUARDLING