Pioneer 2012

Best of luck Pioneer...I will always have feelings for your cause!

My upstate NY friends will do great work on your staff, and with "Horns Up" writing the brass book, it should be very interesting.

Donny Allen

Pioneer 98, 99, 2000, 07, 08, 09, 10...

• Like 1

Yes all is well with me, Tim...Ironically, the show you are proposed to do this year met with TOTAL Opposition 5 years ago, when Stuart, Me, Chris Kichline, Tyler Orbison et al...wanted to do this type of music, and even concept.

Kudos for the progress in this regard, even last year was progressive from past shows.

Donny

Edited by Donny Drum Corps
  • Like 5

whats that? why they dont want members or staff here? Well, airing ones laundry I suppose.plus most dont really look positively toward DCP and posters...we do tend to get extremists at times..lol

I suppose. I was (and still) and active DCP poster during my junior corps years. My staff never told me to NOT post, they taught me how to represent the corps in public. I learned from it.

• Like 2

I suppose. I was (and still) and active DCP poster during my junior corps years. My staff never told me to NOT post, they taught me how to represent the corps in public. I learned from it.

In public is one thing ..the internet and news groups are a whole other story..not sure how old you are but this generation is finding out slowly the good and Bad of this internet age. I know of so many kids that have either not got jobs teaching corps or winter programs or not let in programs or thrown out. This is not exclusive to our activity either. People will find out soon that making public statements or voicing ones opinion on line isnt the best thing to do at times. I have to admit I myself have told young members in winter programs DO NOT POST !..it seems many kids love to not just post what they did every minute of the day, what they ate ( who cares ) what their current mood is, but talk about the good and bad of a rehearsal on tour... BAD MOVE.. Being on staff last year of a corps we would see some stuff from 1 or 2 members and It got to a point with 1 that they were sent home 3 weeks before the end of the year.

In public is one thing ..the internet and news groups are a whole other story..not sure how old you are but this generation is finding out slowly the good and Bad of this internet age. I know of so many kids that have either not got jobs teaching corps or winter programs or not let in programs or thrown out. This is not exclusive to our activity either. People will find out soon that making public statements or voicing ones opinion on line isnt the best thing to do at times. I have to admit I myself have told young members in winter programs DO NOT POST !..it seems many kids love to not just post what they did every minute of the day, what they ate ( who cares ) what their current mood is, but talk about the good and bad of a rehearsal on tour... BAD MOVE.. Being on staff last year of a corps we would see some stuff from 1 or 2 members and It got to a point with 1 that they were sent home 3 weeks before the end of the year.

As far as I'm concerned the internet is public. I see the pros and cons to members of corps posting on public websites. I just wish there were more pros. I've met some interesting people here during my 10 years as a member, some have become really good friends, a few people I don't care for.

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned the internet is public. I see the pros and cons to members of corps posting on public websites. I just wish there were more pros. I've met some interesting people here during my 10 years as a member, some have become really good friends, a few people I don't care for.

thats great BUT Im telling you 1st hand and I know I( can speak for many corps..THEY DONT LIKE IT 1 BIT and many kids are losing out because they dont know when the time is to plain ole shut up.It s ashame with those who wont progress in the activity already who fought the concept of Dont air your laundry, talk about private things. I know of someone in a winter program just 2 weeks ago this happened..they moved cross country to march somewhere and was just thrown out for this very reason...Oh well...just as members are told, ( many ) they just dont get it or want to listen ...so like most things when youre young...you learn, realise and get it later on.Anyway this could be a thread of its own............back to PIO

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1