Pioneer 2012

Did anyone determine if Pioneer will be marching a more traditional battery this season? Will there be tenors?

• Like 1

I was at the last camp and they had 3 tenor players. So yes it looks like pio will have a more traditional drumline this year.

• Like 1

So, how's it going? Camp going ok? Is the music finalized yet? I know that U2 is probably out, but is Dropkick in? That would be awesome! :worthy:

A friend of mine attended their last camp. My friend said they had a total of 35 members for the week end. No offense intended but it looks as if another small corps is on the horizon for them this summer. Some say good things come in small packages. Time will tell. Good luck to the members.

I thought that I saw somewhere that many members either had WGI or other things going on. I could be wrong.

I do hope that their numbers are up from that. :shutup:

No matter what though, I will be cheering them on, whether it be 35 or 135!

• Like 1

I thought that I saw somewhere that many members either had WGI or other things going on. I could be wrong.

I do hope that their numbers are up from that. :shutup:

No matter what though, I will be cheering them on, whether it be 35 or 135!

We've had a unique winter season again. Needless to say, the numbers aren't where we would like them to be. However, recruiting is in full force and we've had new faces at every single camp. It is true that there are a good number of guard and percussion members that are involved in WGI, so the numbers should increase in camps ahead.

I want to make it clear that we do have openings in virtually all sections. If you have any interest in marching in a World Class corps and experiencing a full World Class tour, I would encourage you to check us out. We've got an awesome show in the works and have assembled an experienced staff to guide the corps down the road. Now we just need another couple dozen kids to really make the 2012 season pop!

• Like 1

Shame about the U2 stuff but I think we always knew it was a bit of a long shot.

I wonder if the Dubliners would be easier to gain rights for. I would love to hear "Dirty OldTown" on a Drum Corps field....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNal1gA0iOE

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone... apologize for not being on here for a while, but I've been working on several projects... including grad school and a few things for Pioneer as well.

Just a quick update:

* We still do have brass spots available... we are looking to field about 44-50 horns (I'd take more... I'm greedy!) but that's the goal number. We have a few spots available in each brass section, especially Trumpet and Baritone.

* We also have need of a few people in the Front Ensemble as well. If you know of people with keyboard experience, that would be a benefit! Send them our way!

* We are marching traditional battery, which is shaping up well, as is the guard after WGI is over. Come visit us at WGI both weekends!

* If you know of students that are interested, but Milwaukee may be a bit far of a commute initially until move ins, we do accept video/audio audition material... please have them contact me through the Pioneer website/email link or my own website, www.lansingrdimon.com.

“The Hands That Built America” will still open with “Irish New World”, an arrangement of Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9, with an Irish twist, but will then be followed by “Recollections of Ireland” by Ignaz Moscheles. Combining traditional Irish tunes “Garry Owen”, “Last Rose of Summer”, and “St. Patricks Day”, the arrangement includes a short ballad, percussion features, and potentially some small ensemble moments. Following the Moscheles work, the ballad “I’ll Take You Home Again, Kathleen” will feature brass, front ensemble and guard before transitioning to the closer “Shipping Up To Boston” by the Dropkick Murphys, which promises to bring the show to a strong finish.

so, to recap:

“Irish New World” - Dvorak

“Recollections of Ireland” - Moscheles

“I’ll Take You Home Again, Kathleen” - Trad.

“I’m Shipping Up to Boston” - as incluenced by the Dropkick Murphys

The visual side of the show, tentatively? here's your tease: they're often collected when antique. Put your stamp on what you think that means. ;)

Again, just like the weather in Central NY, things could change... but recruiting is going well, and a solid foundation is being built, and will benefit from some strong members from England, South Africa and Japan joining us in May.

I'm particularly excited about the staff we've added... it's a great balance of Pioneer alumni and professionals in the teaching field who have marched several corps and guards, including Cadets, Spirit, Madison, Crown, and ONYX.

If you know of interested students, please send them our way!

Thanks for listening... questions... hit me up. I don't always have time to check this with guard judging, state woodwind adjudication, classes and travel back and forth.

Best,

Lansing Dimon

Brass Caption Head.

• Like 1

Sounds like an interesting show and certainly one that has the potential to enthuse a crowd. Looking forward to seeing it!

Hey everyone... apologize for not being on here for a while, but I've been working on several projects... including grad school and a few things for Pioneer as well.

Just a quick update:

* We still do have brass spots available... we are looking to field about 44-50 horns (I'd take more... I'm greedy!) but that's the goal number. We have a few spots available in each brass section, especially Trumpet and Baritone.

* We also have need of a few people in the Front Ensemble as well. If you know of people with keyboard experience, that would be a benefit! Send them our way!

* We are marching traditional battery, which is shaping up well, as is the guard after WGI is over. Come visit us at WGI both weekends!

* If you know of students that are interested, but Milwaukee may be a bit far of a commute initially until move ins, we do accept video/audio audition material... please have them contact me through the Pioneer website/email link or my own website, www.lansingrdimon.com.

"The Hands That Built America" will still open with "Irish New World", an arrangement of Dvorak's Symphony No. 9, with an Irish twist, but will then be followed by "Recollections of Ireland" by Ignaz Moscheles. Combining traditional Irish tunes "Garry Owen", "Last Rose of Summer", and "St. Patricks Day", the arrangement includes a short ballad, percussion features, and potentially some small ensemble moments. Following the Moscheles work, the ballad "I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen" will feature brass, front ensemble and guard before transitioning to the closer "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys, which promises to bring the show to a strong finish.

so, to recap:

"Irish New World" - Dvorak

"Recollections of Ireland" - Moscheles

"I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen" - Trad.

"I'm Shipping Up to Boston" - as incluenced by the Dropkick Murphys

The visual side of the show, tentatively? here's your tease: they're often collected when antique. Put your stamp on what you think that means. ;)

Again, just like the weather in Central NY, things could change... but recruiting is going well, and a solid foundation is being built, and will benefit from some strong members from England, South Africa and Japan joining us in May.

I'm particularly excited about the staff we've added... it's a great balance of Pioneer alumni and professionals in the teaching field who have marched several corps and guards, including Cadets, Spirit, Madison, Crown, and ONYX.

If you know of interested students, please send them our way!

Thanks for listening... questions... hit me up. I don't always have time to check this with guard judging, state woodwind adjudication, classes and travel back and forth.

Best,

Lansing Dimon

Brass Caption Head.

Happy Holy Week of St. Patrick!