FIRST BUCCANEERS WINTER CAMP OF 2012!

We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season filled with laughter, music and the love of friends and family.

It was a great season for the Buccaneers. A very successful Membership Day open house was followed by two rehearsal camps in which great work was done by the brass and percussion on the closer, 1812 Overture. We're excited to continue the good work on that great chart. Our collective creative Santa Claus - Lortz, Trujillo, Tsalikis - continued their fantastic work and left a great opener in our stockings - and we can't wait to dive into it!

We'll get to do just that with our first winter camp of 2012, for brass and percussion.

Saturday, January 7

9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Sunday, January 8

9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.

Twin Valley High School

Elverson, PA

Join us! We're looking for members with the drive and commitment to have a phenomenal experience and make the friends of a lifetime in the process.

For more information, visit www.readingbuccaneers.org or email membership.manager@readingbuccaneers.org. You can also visit the 2012 Reading Buccaneers Interest Group on Facebook to join in on the chatter.

See you on Saturday!

• Like 1

I'm also excited about kicking off 2012 with the Bucs. I just listened to the opening production and I can't wait to hear this chart played live. It sounds like Mark Lortz and Bobby Jones did some serious collaboration on this original work by Mark. I can almost see Bobby's awesome visual work as I listen to the music.

BTW Tom, let's be honest here. Bobby "Kris Kringle" Jones blows away all three of the music designers as far as being Santa Claus is concerned. :rolleyes:

BRASS & PERCUSSION

Saturday, January 7

Sunday, January 8

Twin Valley High School

Elverson, PA

We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season filled with laughter, music and the love of friends and family.

It was a great season for the Buccaneers. A very successful Membership Day open house was followed by two rehearsal camps in which great work was done by the brass and percussion on the closer, 1812 Overture. We're excited to continue the good work on that great chart. Our collective creative Santa Claus - Lortz, Trujillo, Tsalikis - continued their fantastic work and left a great opener in our stockings - and we can't wait to dive into it!

We'll get to do just that with our first winter camp of 2012, for brass and percussion.

Saturday, January 7

Sunday, January 8

Twin Valley High School

Elverson, PA

Join us! We're looking for members with the drive and commitment to have a phenomenal experience and make the friends of a lifetime in the process.

For more information, visit www.readingbuccaneers.org or email membership.manager@readingbuccaneers.org. You can also visit the 2012 Reading Buccaneers Interest Group on Facebook to join in on the chatter.

See you on Saturday!

We're very excited to hear the opener from live instrumentation, rather than General MIDI! There was an extreme amount of collaboration on the designers part. Now we get to experience it!

Bobby as Kris Kringle? Nice!

We will see everyone this Saturday at Twin Valley, HS in Elverson, PA!

Lots of exciting things happening at Bucs camp this weekend!!!! Come and be part of an amazing journey with one of the greatest of all drum corps!!!Of course that is just my opinion... :satisfied:

• Like 1

Here's a quick update. I spent yesterday refitting uniforms for vets and couldn't believe the number of returnees from last year and from previous years. It's nice to see that even when our members choose to spend a year doing DCI they always come home when they age out. We are a very lucky family in Blue!!!!

I had a great day yesterday, the opener is amazing and the closer isn't bad either.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!

• 2 weeks later...