Did this really happen?

Are there any members who actually marched with BD that night on here?

It seems that so far all of the recollections are from people who were there, or heard about it, or had a friend of a friend. You can't see anything on the DVD - the only thing I did notice is that there are 5 bass drums during the show - and 4 bass drums stacked up at retreat. So it would seem that it really did happen.

It would be interesting to hear from a member what went on right after the show.

Later,

Mike

You might be just as likely to have someone tell you what SUTA means. Or any other corps held secret. I would love hearing a member perspective too, but I would not expect anyone to bring it. I also would not feel the slightest animosity if, when asked directly, a member told me to stick it.

You might be just as likely to have someone tell you what SUTA means. Or any other corps held secret. I would love hearing a member perspective too, but I would not expect anyone to bring it. I also would not feel the slightest animosity if, when asked directly, a member told me to stick it.

Doesn't SUTA= Stand Up Take Action?

Hang on, you say this as if everyone on the field that night took a blood oath to protect some core secret of the corps. I doubt that's the case. Moreover, I suspect there are plenty of people who were there who aren't down with what happened and who might love to say so (just as I suspect there are some who are pleased with what went down). It just happens that in any given corps at any single point in time, there are few if any posting to DCP.

HH

Hang on, you say this as if everyone on the field that night took a blood oath to protect some core secret of the corps. I doubt that's the case. Moreover, I suspect there are plenty of people who were there who aren't down with what happened and who might love to say so (just as I suspect there are some who are pleased with what went down). It just happens that in any given corps at any single point in time, there are few if any posting to DCP.

HH

Definitely not thinking it that far along. No conspiracy theories from me anyway. I just know if there were some bad press situation like this, and it was my corps, I likely would not have been super excited to be the one to air it. And certainly not if someone else in my section had gotten in trouble. and you are likely absolutely right about the liklihood of somebody in th e group that was unhappy about the situation. Just saying my opinion.

HH

I think people are far underestimating the likelihood that the one person caught was anything but the tip of the iceberg. It seems very illogical to me that this guy was the only member "partaking".

• Like 1

Is this really a "secret" like SUTA? I've heard BD 2000 members discuss it openly before. What you have to keep in mind is that things happened so fast that even the members aren't in agreement about what exactly happened. We really need to here from a staffer, a member of the bass line, or better yet the star of the show himself. Though I'd bet we'd still get slightly different stories from each.

Is this really a "secret" like SUTA? I've heard BD 2000 members discuss it openly before. What you have to keep in mind is that things happened so fast that even the members aren't in agreement about what exactly happened. We really need to here from a staffer, a member of the bass line, or better yet the star of the show himself. Though I'd bet we'd still get slightly different stories from each.

"We" need to HEAR from? - No we really don't. I'm betting this incident is something they'd really rather not discuss - at least not on DCP. We don't need to hear from anyone.

• Like 4

"We" need to HEAR from? - No we really don't. I'm betting this incident is something they'd really rather not discuss - at least not on DCP. We don't need to hear from anyone.

You read my mind. It never fails to amaze me what people think they are "entitled" to hear about something that's none of their business.

• Like 3

Sorry. I forgot this was DCP and that nothing could left implicit. For the literal-minded that sentence should have began "If you guys really want to hear more details about this incident beyond the well-known facts given in this thread, you need to talk to such and so, rather than just any member of BD 2000, who is likely as in the dark about the incident as most of us."

Not "we need to hear from them or we'll simply die from inappropriate curiosity." I'm sure they don't want to talk about it, as I'm sure they're all still suffering intense PTSD from this horrifying, life-wrecking trauma that occurred a mere eleven years ago.

Edited by Rifuarian
  • Like 4