Did this really happen?

Rifuarian: I agree in part with your statement: well-known "facts" can - in reality - be hastily-drawn conclusions which often find their origin in half-correct or incomplete info, not uncommonly generated by self-appointed "experts" or sel-anointed "insiders."

The reason I reacted so is my sensibility is I have little regard for some of the regulars who post in DCP who anoint themselves as experts on matters and events in which they have only hearsay info.

In particular, I'm still smarting by some posts in other threads regarding the respondent-poster's opinions about George Bonfiglio which are based upon someone's interpretation of statements (and opinions) garnered from other sources, irrespective of their level of credibility. A while ago when I attempted to set one DCP self-anointed expert straight (having known George personally, and having direct conversations with his family), the DCP frequent-contributor indicated he's an expert because he spoke to someone who toured with Two-Seven.

In this thread, posts detailing speculations about what happened (or didn't happen) in 2000 should not be the basis of forming judgements. Moreover, the BD's (in any capacity) have no obligation to be drawn into someone else's thirst for juicy stories and melodrama.

Edited by Navillus WP
  • Like 2

Clearly not as many as the self righteous people on this board who can't wait to throw stones...

no offense, but if I got my ### booteed out finals week for doing something stupid/illegal, I'd deserve all the crap in the world. I'd expect staff to be ready to kill, fans, members...you name it.

you can use the old "kids are kids" approach but sorry, this kid got and will get no sympathy for me. he put his corps in a bad light, made his feelow members spend many hours learning to cover for his sorry ###.....anyone that has sympathy is obviously someone not familiar with personal accountability and common sense.

• Like 5

no offense, but if I got my ### booteed out finals week for doing something stupid/illegal, I'd deserve all the crap in the world. I'd expect staff to be ready to kill, fans, members...you name it.

you can use the old "kids are kids" approach but sorry, this kid got and will get no sympathy for me. he put his corps in a bad light, made his feelow members spend many hours learning to cover for his sorry ###.....anyone that has sympathy is obviously someone not familiar with personal accountability and common sense.

Either that Jeff... or threy just marched in the 80's when this was rampant in Drum Corps. I even hear that people from corps out west, partook with kids from eastern corps as they found one another at various shows. It was considered something NOT TO DO THEN AS WELL...

Was it a good thing... No... Was it stupid... yes... should this kid have been treated worse that kids wetre some 16 plus years prior for the same infractions? that I do not believe should be done...

• Like 2

I agree. As someone who got into more than his fare share of shenanigans when I was a "kid," there is zero sympathy from me when it comes to kids breaking laws (i.e. smoking weed, which while I will argue with the rest of 'em that I agree it SHOULD be legal, it is still illegal).

I agree. As someone who got into more than his fare share of shenanigans when I was a "kid," there is zero sympathy from me when it comes to kids breaking laws (i.e. smoking weed, which while I will argue with the rest of 'em that I agree it SHOULD be legal, it is still illegal).

amen. Look i'm no saint. I'm not perfect.

But I sure as #### know if I had gotten bounced the week of finals for breaking a law, Dan DeLong would have left my ### sitting on a curb to find my way home, and if had tried to sneak on the field, the rest of the drumline would have kicked my ### right then and there.

did i maybe tweak rules as a kid? Sure who of us didn't? But I sure as hell didnt do anything that would not only cause me legal issues, but I also wouldn't have done anything to hurt the corps.

well other than underwear run thrus where i forgot the underwear

:ph34r:

amen. Look i'm no saint. I'm not perfect.

But I sure as #### know if I had gotten bounced the week of finals for breaking a law, Dan DeLong would have left my ### sitting on a curb to find my way home, and if had tried to sneak on the field, the rest of the drumline would have kicked my ### right then and there.

did i maybe tweak rules as a kid? Sure who of us didn't? But I sure as hell didnt do anything that would not only cause me legal issues, but I also wouldn't have done anything to hurt the corps.

well other than underwear run thrus where i forgot the underwear

:ph34r:

Let's review the bidding.....BD bass drummer sneaks on the field (after being ousted from the corps) and plays finals..... vs..... Jeff Ream naked during an underwear run-thru..........tough call! :confused:

• Like 2

I went to college with the guy, Western Illinois University.

He's from Chilicothe, Illinois. Hell of a drummer, great guy, stupid decision on many parts.

I think it's wrong what happened, and what he did.

I also have a hard time though with many of the people that blast incidents like this when there are drug problems in pretty much ever corps. If these kids had to take a #### test like professional athletes, how many holes would we have to see on finals night?

I went to college with the guy, Western Illinois University.

He's from Chilicothe, Illinois. Hell of a drummer, great guy, stupid decision on many parts.

I think it's wrong what happened, and what he did.

I also have a hard time though with many of the people that blast incidents like this when there are drug problems in pretty much ever corps. If these kids had to take a #### test like professional athletes, how many holes would we have to see on finals night?

A lot...

Some abuse prescription drugs to deal with the pain of working their bodies like a professional athlete, others just are partying... but it IS happening... and has since the 60's!

Edited by Big Bad Bari

Let's review the bidding.....BD bass drummer sneaks on the field (after being ousted from the corps) and plays finals..... vs..... Jeff Ream naked during an underwear run-thru..........tough call! :confused:

I heard it was worse than that, he wore speedos.

in my prime and 45 pounds ago, it could have been a draw

:tongue: