A Trivial Piece of Very Trivial Drum Corps Trivia T

Andyroo

Yup! ...for many years now. I get a lot of great ideas from MR, but, unfortunately, they remain simply ideas. Perhaps when I retire....

On the other hand, I have an enormous collection of very nice N Scale stuff - which will probably revert (unused) to my grandsons when I cross that final finish line. :smile:

When you get ready to move up to O scale, let me know. I've been thinning out my collection of O and On3 stuff for years, books too.

If your collection of MR goes back to '74, '75 and '76 you'll see some of my stuff in there with the NMRA winners.

Ray

It's been a few years, but Forno's of Spain! Trust me, you didn't go there for the decor or ambiance, but the food was great.

Ray

LOL Ray... that's how I remember a number of those places from back in the day when I lived/worked in that area.

Not exactly picturesque. But like you said, terrific food.

When you get ready to move up to O scale, let me know. I've been thinning out my collection of O and On3 stuff for years, books too.

If your collection of MR goes back to '74, '75 and '76 you'll see some of my stuff in there with the NMRA winners.

Ray

Ray, I've never had enough room to work with O, and I found that I could get more into a given space with N, rather than HO. But, I have a small collection of O, S, and HO from the "old days." My original Marx set, a Lionel set, and an American Flyer set - all from the thirties and forties, as well as quite a bit of HO from the sixties that I bought for my son. They're all packed and will stay that way.

I'm afraid I haven't got the MR's from '74-'76 (lost in a move in '79), so I've missed seeing your NMRA stuff, but belated congratulations on it.

In '71 or '72 we marched in a contest at Ironbound Stadium. We stayed in the gym of St Joseph's school. Prior to the wekend of the contest there was a period of "urban unrest" but I forget why. It affected spectator attendance at the show. We were not allowed on the streets for any reason, and the area was crawling with State Police and local police.