The Cadets Media

I'm very interested with just how much information and media the Cadets have been putting out this past year. Between their Always a Cadet videos, their show update videos/articles, the Amazing All Access Videos on youtube they just seem to be putting out the most interesting, engaging, free content than any other marching organization. They had just released this amazing footage from the corps victory run after finals, with on the field cameras. And I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the video!

So what do you all think of the free Cadets Media? They are on top of their game IMO.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 3

I'm very interested with just how much information and media the Cadets have been putting out this past year. Between their Always a Cadet videos, their show update videos/articles, the Amazing All Access Videos on youtube they just seem to be putting out the most interesting, engaging, free content than any other marching organization. They had just released this amazing footage from the corps victory run after finals, with on the field cameras. And I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the video!

So what do you all think of the free Cadets Media? They are on top of their game IMO.

I'm less concerned with the media corps put out and more with the product on the field at the end of the year. It's been a long time since I really liked a Cadets show. That's not to say they aren't well designed, just not really a design I'm a huge fan of. That said, I look forward to seeing them this summer in the hopes that they will buck that trend.

I guess the point is, preseason hype doesn't really mean much to me.

• Like 3

I'm less concerned with the media corps put out and more with the product on the field at the end of the year. It's been a long time since I really liked a Cadets show. That's not to say they aren't well designed, just not really a design I'm a huge fan of. That said, I look forward to seeing them this summer in the hopes that they will buck that trend.

I guess the point is, preseason hype doesn't really mean much to me.

Not talking about "hype". I'm talking about the sheer amount of information and media and the cadets have been putting out. I mean here we are in January and the Cadets are still sharing NEW FOOTAGE from last year. Not about hype, I'm talking about their media/info presence in the off season and on-season. Seems more than any other corps and its much appreciated!

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 4

Not talking about "hype". I'm talking about the sheer amount of information and media and the cadets have been putting out. I mean here we are in January and the Cadets are still sharing NEW FOOTAGE from last year. Not about hype, I'm talking about their media/info presence in the off season and on-season. Seems more than any other corps and its much appreciated!

Whether it comes from the corps or someone else, or is footage from last year or this year, it's still hype. Some dig it. Some don't. Again, I'm more interested in the actual performances rather than what each corps PR department puts out. You asked for opinions. I gave you mine. No need to get negative just because my opinion doesn't match yours.

Edited by actucker
  • Like 3

Whether it comes from the corps or someone else, or is footage from last year or this year, it's still hype. Some dig it. Some don't. Again, I'm more interested in the actual performances rather than what each corps PR department puts out. You asked for opinions. I gave you mine. No need to get negative just because my opinion doesn't match yours.

I guess you aren't a fan of DVD extras in movies? I guess your lucky that you can get your drumcorps fix from just seeing 11.5 minutes of a corps performance. I'm all about the behinds the scenes, extra footage, encore tunes, lot vids, drum corps all year long! If that content is just "hype" for you then I think you don't know what hype actually is. What were getting is extra content that doesn't even need to be created and it was created for the enjoyment of fans.

• Like 2

...So what do you all think of the free Cadets Media? They are on top of their game IMO.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. The corps' public relations people do a magnificent job of keeping fans intrigued and informed. They are quite generous with bringing us into the operation and making us feel welcomed once we're there. They know what we want and they have no problem with giving it to us.

To those who would say it's just "hype," I have to ask, "Isn't all PR hype to some extent? And even so, what's wrong with that?"

The Cadets' PR staff gives us one more reason to be thankful we've got computers.

• Like 4

I wholeheartedly agree with you. The corps' public relations people do a magnificent job of keeping fans intrigued and informed. They are quite generous with bringing us into the operation and making us feel welcomed once we're there. They know what we want and they have no problem with giving it to us.

To those who would say it's just "hype," I have to ask, "Isn't all PR hype to some extent? And even so, what's wrong with that?"

The Cadets' PR staff gives us one more reason to be thankful we've got computers.

Hype is only bad when you CAN"T live up to it ! That happens alot....Either way ya can't win either way ON DCP..lol....I read other threads that said." whats the big secret, why no info.......lol :w00t:

• Like 2

Cadets have always been generous with their media offerings since they started up with All Access. The past year or so, however, they've really seemed to ramp it up in terms of quantity and quality. Adam Adorno and Alex Giddings did their All Access this past year (including that awesome "In Motion" video) and I can only hope that they were able to retain them again for this year.

Their work was outstanding.

• Like 5

Yes. All PR is hype. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Just not something I pay much attention to. Not sure why I'm getting jumped on for having an opinion.

• Like 2