DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

Another day with just a single event, this time in Clovis CA:

ClovisCABuchananHS8000.jpg

So yeah....totally forgot when the season was supposed to start. It's hard enough placing in the off-season, but now I gotta do it with a penalty. Oh well...Here comes NMP.

Glad to have you back!

Back up to two events today, as the corps have been concentrated into two regions of the country now.

Modesto CA's Johansen Stadium has been off the calendar for a while, but its return appears to be quite popular as over 20 corps will be in action there tonight.

ModestoCAJohansenHS5000.jpg

In the midwest, the final show before Ann Arbor will be staged at Jenison HS near Grand Rapids.

JenisonMIJenisonHS5000.jpg

Dang, I new Jenison had some money (and a great marching band), but that's an impressive stadium for a school of only about 1,500 kids.

Another unbelievable performance by velocity, not only taking 1st out of 18 but taking home 2 captions AND being in the number one spot overall as of clovis!!!!! they have defeated 21 of the 31 other corps so far, i am in awe of the performance that is being put out by the corps and after taking a season off and having this caliber of performance is mind blowing!

Dang, I new Jenison had some money (and a great marching band), but that's an impressive stadium for a school of only about 1,500 kids.

The Grand Rapids area is pretty well stocked, money-wise. I was up there in the fall and there are a few very impressive high school venues up there. Jenison's one, Grandville's another.

Scores from Friday are up. Congrats to Feenicks for a VERY impressive win out west!

Speaking of out west, corps take center stage at Stanford Stadium for what promises to be a very competitive event:

StanfordCAStanfordStadium50000.jpg

Back in the midwest, the FANFARE Championships again take place at The Big House in Ann Arbor, MI. Ironically, CLASS corps have won this event the last couple seasons. Will that trend continue this year?

AnnArborMIMichiganStadium108000-1.jpg

Sadly, our West Coast trip means none of the Forward Dynamics corps will be at the FANFARE Championships. Maybe we'll be able to steal away the CLASS Championships like last season, though. :tongue:

The Fanfare championship was won by A Fanfare corps (finally!)- you'll have to go check the scores to see which one. :smile: