DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

Will I be able to change my captions today or tomorrow?

When was the last time you changed them? You can only change up to three captions at a time once every seven days, so planning is required.

When was the last time you changed them? You can only change up to three captions at a time once every seven days, so planning is required.

I changed them a week ago today

Knight Org was thrilled with taking two of three divisions in the East Finals! Knights and Les Blanc Chevalier have two incredible shows that really look like could hold them all the way to finals with tweaking! Knights, also back on top of the leader board!

The second half of the season kicks off today, although it will be somewhat of a light day as several corps take a day off for rest, rehearsal or travel.

Southern corps will be competing in the Battle of the South in Russellville AL.

RussellvilleALRussellvilleHS6000-1.jpg

Western corps return to the US by way of Spokane WA's Central Valley HS.

SpokaneWACentralValleyHS4000.jpg

Midwest corps will be tromping and stomping through the cornfields at Valley HS in Des Moines IA.

DesMoinesIAValleyHS8000.jpg

And the popular European tour kicks off with a small event in Dublin Ireland's Tallaght Stadium.

DublinIRETallaghtStadium6000.jpg

Congrats to all the Regional winners in all classes. We came close with good showings in South (Jupiter - 2nd) and East (Cross - 2nd but overall 2nd in Standings). Hawaii had a disappointing Finals performance after being neck and neck with Riverside the past couple weeks.

Nice job by The Thoroughbreds being a rookie taking the Class A crown in the South.

Matt - Thanks for updating the History section. Looks great!

Now on to the rest of the season!

Thoroughbreds still going strong off their regional win. The new comers are here to stay :)

And proving that you can win with a show that focuses on performance more than design. :smile:

Today's events:

Westerners travel to "Big Blue", visiting the famed Smurf Turf in Boise ID.

BoiseIDBroncoStadium35000.jpg

The southern event in Hoover AL will take place at Vestavia Hills HS.

BirminghamALVestaviaHillsHS4000.jpg

Kansas City gets a drum corps call when Midwest corps come to play at the College Boulevard Athletic Center in Olathe.

OlatheKSCollegeBlvdAthleticCenter4000.jpg

And Cross has their "home show" at Falkirk Stadium near Glasgow, Scotland.

GlasgowScotlandFalkirkStadium7000.jpg

I could say something that people would think mean, but I'm in a nice mood at the moment lol

Mitch and I have been poring over my caption spreadsheet, and it looks like another wide, wide open year. We've found SEVEN World Class caption sets within 0.1 of the max (the max we've discovered so far, at least), and SIX Open Class caption sets within 0.1 of the max (we've found so far). Class A is a little tighter, but we've still found six sets within 0.25 of the max so far.

With the generated scores during championships, it's anybody's ballgame once again. Highest caption set doesn't always win (Polaris has had the--or one of the, if tied--highest caption set each of the past two winter seasons, but still is searching for that elusive gold).

Thoroughbreds made almost a full 3 point jump last night, maybe they will break 80 tonight! :)