DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

Woah! Myself and all the folks over here at BREATHE DAH are very excited with our first win via Blades of Blue! The entire organization found their performance very moving, and we couldnt be more proud! Way to go Blades of Blue!!!

um not to break anyones spirit or heart at FANFARE, but as to not keep stealing your own trophy from you, there were no CLASS corps at your championships! the Knights also took the week off ...

The Fanfare championship was won by A Fanfare corps (finally!)- you'll have to go check the scores to see which one. :smile:

Wooties! :thumbup:

um not to break anyones spirit or heart at FANFARE, but as to not keep stealing your own trophy from you, there were no CLASS corps at your championships! the Knights also took the week off ...

Aack!! :doh:

Now now Gary. :tongue:

Congrats to Crimson Lions, Barnstormers, and Blades of Blue which seem to be tearing up the Class A field at the moment!

Cross was there and continue to be a work in progress.

Hawaii shines well out West with a win at Stanford. Seems like a nightly dual with Riverside and Marauders.

Can't say the same for Jupiter. A visual disaster. Leaving Cali and heading back to the South for show in Asheville (2/1). Hopefully the change in scenery wakes us up.

• Like 1

Today's events:

Southern corps get their first real southern show in a couple weeks, at Hardy Graham Stadium at UT-Martin.

MartinTNHardy-GrahamStadium6000.jpg

Western corps have their last California show of the season at Folsom HS in Sacramento.

SacramentoCAFolsomHS4000.jpg

Midwest corps return to THE Ohio State, performing at Dublin-Coffman HS just outside of Columbus

DublinOHCoffmanHS8000.jpg

And east coast corps travel to upstate NY with a show at Proctor HS in Utica NY.

UticaNYProctorHS3000.jpg

Western corps have their last California show of the season at Folsom HS in Sacramento.

SacramentoCAFolsomHS4000.jpg

Folsom HS is in Folsom, about 30 minutes east of downtown Sacramento. I lived there for several years. My mom still lives there. The new Folsom HS site is very nice, as is the stadium. Don't worry: the prison is all the way across town (on prime lakefront property, which I've never understood).

I'm proud to announce that OSDC's Class A corps, The Analog Corps, has won its first event in Utica! The crowd particularly enjoyed the music selections. FR and TOS still have work to do before they can hope for a win (though they have come close), but they are improving!

Utica was a pretty close night all around. Congrats- the first one always feels sweet. :smile:

Today's events:

The New England tour gets under way out east at Holyoke HS in Chicopee, MA. The venues and the number of corps may be a little smaller at these shows, but the competition is no less intense.

ChicopeeMAHolyokeHS2500.jpg

The ever-popular Evansville IN contest takes place at the Reitz Bowl later this evening. This event always draws a big crowd.

EvansvilleINReitzHS10000.jpg

Out west, the Pacific Northwest tour begins in Grants Pass OR.

GrantsPassORGrantsPassHS3000.jpg

And southern corps have their second straight Tennessee show, at Dobyns-Bennett HS in Kingsport.

KingsportTNDobynsBennetHS6000.jpg

I'm proud to announce that OSDC's Class A corps, The Analog Corps, has won its first event in Utica! The crowd particularly enjoyed the music selections. FR and TOS still have work to do before they can hope for a win (though they have come close), but they are improving!

On behalf of Feenicks and INT, I would just like to say congratulations! I know how happy this makes you feel, since yesterday, also in Utica, Feenicks won their first show in World Class as well, and currently sitting in first place overall. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

But on the other hand... After taking a couple of days off, INT is currently sitting in last place overall in Open Class. :sad: But I know they've been working hard, and they will do very well (I hope...) in their next show. :satisfied: