DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

The first half of what's turned out to be a very competitive season comes to an end starting today, with the Regional championships.

Eastern corps have their regional at Cornell University's Schoelkopf Stadium in Ithaca NY, host of the 1974 DCI finals.

IthacaNYSchoelkopfField22000-1.jpg

Southern corps visit Floyd Stadium in Murfreesboro TN, a venue that's always a corps and crowd favorite.

MurfreesboroTNFloydStadium30000-1.jpg

Midwest corps compete in Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo MI. The slope of the stands will give a great read for visual judges.

KalamazooMIWaldoStadium30000.jpg

And western corps have their regional out of the country for the first time, in Calgary AB's McMahon Stadium.

CalgaryABMcMahonStadium45000-1.jpg

The first half of what's turned out to be a very competitive season comes to an end starting today, with the Regional championships.

Midwest corps compete in Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo MI. The slope of the stands will give a great read for visual judges.

All right, let's do this.

LEEEERROOOOOOYYYY... JENNNNNKINNNNNNSS!! :tongue:

Knight Org was building momentum coming into this weekends Regional and really working on some key show changes...will it be enough??

Results of the regional prelims are up. Congratulations to all advancing corps!

The top 6 World Class corps in each region will advance (except for the south region, where the top 8 WC corps advance), as well as the top 4 in Open Class and Class A.

Yea! Taking prelims!

No point increase? One was supposed to hit today.

The next point increase will be in effect tomorrow.

Meanwhile, scores from the regional finals are up. Congrats to our new regional champs- and a special congratulations to a pair of Class A corps. First, to the Central NY Drum and Bugle Corps, for winning their first regional championship at what may as well have been a home show for them, and second to the Thoroughbreds, raced onto the scene and won the south Class A regional despite being on tour for only a week or so AND despite having to overcome a 0.25 penalty!

Speaking of penalties, corps who have been receiving a penalty up until this point in the season will be pleased to hear that they will no longer be penalized for the duration of the season- I think it's fair to discontinue their penalties once they've passed a certain point in the season.

I'm in the process of updating the history section now. Updated Sweepstakes standings will be posted sometime tomorrow.

Woo! Regional champs!

Woo! Regional champs!

Congrats! And trust me, it never gets old.

Will I be able to change my captions today or tomorrow?