SCV moves to Dynasty

When you look at what Paul Rennick did with PR & Dynasty it makes sense.

• Like 3

Bad move to go with lesser equipment no matter how much of a deal you get from the manufacturer.

• Like 5

Well it is odd for SCV and BD to be using the same company. It only happened once before in 75 with BD using Slingerland or was that 74 and 75 I forget. I was kind of hoping SCV would switch to Tama but it does make sense that Renick has such pull with Dynasty.

Bad move to go with lesser equipment no matter how much of a deal you get from the manufacturer.

For everyone who trashes Dynasty's percussion equipment, Paul Rennick and Phantom Regiment's drum trophy in 2010 says otherwise.

I find nothing wrong with Dynasty's percussion equipment. I think their battery sounds fine if you tune them correctly. In my opinion, the Blue Devils never tuned them correctly. I think they have really good front ensemble equipment as well. In fact, in about a week, I'll have one of their rosewood 4.5 octave marimbas in my living room.

• Like 4

For everyone who trashes Dynasty's percussion equipment, Paul Rennick and Phantom Regiment's drum trophy in 2010 says otherwise.

I find nothing wrong with Dynasty's percussion equipment. I think their battery sounds fine if you tune them correctly. In my opinion, the Blue Devils never tuned them correctly. I think they have really good front ensemble equipment as well. In fact, in about a week, I'll have one of their rosewood 4.5 octave marimbas in my living room.

It was the talent of the players and the talent of the staff that won the trophy. They won in spite of the fact that they had to play Dynasty.

• Like 6

SCV may have made the move to Dynasty but that Video is horrible. It's one giant commercial for Pearl.

yeah Paul can Make Dynasty sound good. But, There is no comparison in the quality of a Pearl Drum vs a Dynasty Drum. I've used Pearl for years and have experience up close with Dynasty. The hardware is cheap the lugs and strainers dont compare. This was business nothing else.

• Like 3