"The Edge" to perform for America's Got Talent

If some feel it is beneath the drum corps activity to reach out to different and mainstream audiences, then The Kilties are in deep "do do".

If one does a google search for videos and enters a title of (by suggestion) Racine Symphony and Racine Kilties, one may likely find several youtube clips of The Kilties doing a concert with the Racine Symphony Orchestra. The concert was Friday evening, August 26, 2011. The Kilties are in Part 2 of the youtube presentation of the 1812 Overture.

Also if one was to google Racine Symphony Stars and Stripes, you may just find a youtube presentation of the orchestra and Kilties performing Stars and Stripes Forever that same evening.

As a side note to this event; both organizations held limited independent rehearsals, got together for 30 minutes as a whole ensemble run through, and performed the tunes together 2 hours later.

The Kiltie percussion is on the right side of the stage, thus unseen in these videos. Independent of the joint numbers being performed together, the Symphony played an individual show as well and The Kilties performed all their concert pieces, parade tunes and the 2011 field show.

As one can see after the closing number of Stars and Stripes Forever (as example); the large "standing room only" crowd of symphony lovers seemed to enjoy the event; BIG TIME!

What a fun gig!!! Never mind.....I guess this type of stuff is not supposed to work. :doh:

LOL, some of my favorite gigs over the last few years were combining with local HS and community bands to play America the Beautiful at Memorial Day ceremonies. Our horn instructor is at a local school and came up with an arrangement that I wish I had a recording of. Heh, picked up some members that way too.

Then there was the gig inside a concrete hockey arena for PA YMCA games. We stood on the walkway 2/3s the way up all stratched in a line with the DM waaaay down there. Horrible accoustics but we were making an appearance in and supporting the local community. Funny part was only thing you saw of the corps on the local TV news was when the Village Peoples "YMCA" was played and we were doing the arm motions to spell YMCA. Hey, everyone else was doing it and we would have looked like a bunch of stiffs just standing there.

Will have to check the Kilties vids "somewhere" when I get home, thanks.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Charlotte - still interested in going to watch?? :devil:

Of course I'm still interested!!!! :tongue:

Can I??? A little too far, but believe me, I wish I could.

Either way.....good luck everyone!!!

• Like 1

Hey Joey...

First of all, GOOD LUCK to you and "The Edge". Man.....I am so honored to know most of you in the performance ensemble, and I wish I lived closer. I would SO want to be part of this!

Anyway....your itinerary says you are departing Rochester on Feb 3, but it doesn't say where you are going? So my question is, Where is the audition? If it's in NYC, I would LOVE to go watch....

To all involved in "The Edge", I wish you nothing but the best of luck. I can't wait to see you guys on TV!!! :worthy:

All my best..

What Frank said. Me too!!

• Like 1