NEW DCI Board of Directors

But that's just it....your contentions are insulting to the founders of DCI. You contend that they knew huge numbers of corps would die, and not innocently....rather, as a direct consequence of what DCI and/or their corps would do. Sorry, but that was clearly not their intent. It was never anyone's intent (er, not until 2010 anyway).

what you dont get was their corps...DCI...was them....some still think DCI is something seperate............its not, its the corps

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

None of the new board were part of the G7 conspiracy. The G7 guys had ulterior motives for DCI. I am assuming that the new board do not have ulterior motives for DCI's future. By saying "hear hear" I only meant to say that a new board, sans G7, would have no ulterior motives, like the G7 boys did.

By asking "How do you know?", are you insinuating that we should be worried about the new board in some way? What do you know that DCP members don't? Why would you ask such a question of me directly? I hope my response is satisfactory, I await yours.

I'm simply asking how you, jonnyboy, know for a fact that all the new DCI BoD have no ulterior motives. You don't probably don't know. Maybe they all have ulterior motives of their own that have nothing to do with the G7.

I'm certainly not insinuating that we should be worried. Knowing a few of these guys (not very well, but enough to get a feeling) they all seem like fine, upstanding men who will have the best interests of the marching members in mind. But the same could be said for Gibbs, Hopkins, Fiedler, etc. The G7 is all about getting a bigger piece of an ever-shrinking pie.

The sentiment of your "hear hear" statement is nice, but if you really think about it, unless you are a fly on the wall at their meetings or are somehow privy to some next-level information, you have no idea if its true. These guys could get in there and screw everything up. I'm fairly confident they won't. Time will tell.

I only ask you directly because your original statement is a tad absurd. Such absolute statements always are.

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

• Like 4

I'm simply asking how you, jonnyboy, know for a fact that all the new DCI BoD have no ulterior motives. You don't probably don't know. Maybe they all have ulterior motives of their own that have nothing to do with the G7.

That is a stretch, when putting words in my mouth. Of course I don't know for a fact what their motives are, and I don't care. I just care that the G7 boys are still out, and not pushing their agenda from the drivers seat.

I'm certainly not insinuating that we should be worried. Knowing a few of these guys (not very well, but enough to get a feeling) they all seem like fine, upstanding men who will have the best interests of the marching members in mind. But the same could be said for Gibbs, Hopkins, Fiedler, etc. The G7 is all about getting a bigger piece of an ever-shrinking pie.

I have to disagree. The G7 directors did not have the "marching members" best interests in mind when considering DCI as a whole. They each had 150 marching members best interests in mind. Before you accuse me of know knowing this for a fact, I will freely admit it is just my uneducated unconnected perception.

The sentiment of your "hear hear" statement is nice, but if you really think about it, unless you are a fly on the wall at their meetings or are somehow privy to some next-level information, you have no idea if its true. These guys could get in there and screw everything up. I'm fairly confident they won't. Time will tell.

True enough. We could list hundreds of examples of what might or might not go wrong or right. My general feeling though is they new board will continue the path DCI is currently on, and not alter the course in a dramatic way as the G7 proposed.

I only ask you directly because your original statement is a tad absurd. Such absolute statements always are.

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

I do not think my original statement was absurd, even a tad so. I also don't think I was stating an absolute. My intention was to convey the idea that I was glad no G7 directors made it back to the board, as the stink of their plan is still to fresh to forgive.

I will choose my word more wisely next time, or not.

Whew!

We were fast approaching 20 posts without some sort of manufactured drama regarding Hopkins/woodwinds/BOD/end-of-drum-corps-as-we-know-it!!

... Thank you for saving us.

It's not a manufactured drama??? It's is a 100% factual drama?

And it feels nice to help out around here sometimes! You're Welcome!!

I know a lot of people probably look at the lack of G7 representation on the new BOD as a victory but I do have one fear. I smell the potential for a split off... :unsure:

they have had over a year to move on the threat they already made.

Given how certain rights agreements break down and what the corps would lose access to, I don't think they'll go anywhere

• 6 years later...

For those who forgot that Roman Blenski was on the board of DCI and was seen to be one of the people who would save DCI from the "horrible" people in the G7 corps.  He did little to prove them right, both then and now.

On 1/21/2012 at 1:36 AM, Jeff Ream said:

At its annual business meetings held in Rosemont, Ill., on Friday, Jan. 20, the 22 voting members of Drum Corps International elected five corps-affiliated and three unaffiliated directors to oversee the business affairs of the corporation.Elected to the affiliated posts are Chairman Mark Arnold (Blue Knights) and Vice Chairman Chris Komnick (Madison Scouts) who will serve three-year terms, Roman Blenski (Pioneer) and Treasurer Fred Morrison (Crossmen) who will serve two-year terms, and Secretary Tom Spataro (Boston Crusaders) who will serve a one-year term.

Elected to the unaffiliated posts are Wyoming attorney John Masterson, Indianapolis-based healthcare administration professional Julie Burns, and Michigan attorney Mark Stasa who will serve three, two and one-year terms respectively.

Read more: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7e7e247e-ce6b-4dae-8b37-5502e7662743#ixzz1k4XKgbfb

55 minutes ago, fifer said:

For those who forgot that Roman Blenski was on the board of DCI and was seen to be one of the people who would save DCI from the "horrible" people in the G7 corps.  He did little to prove them right, both then and now.

Oh Gawd no...  not another G7 reference.

The G7 scheme is not only dead, the architect(s) of the scheme cooked up behind closed doors are no longer Corps Directors today. More than half the Corps DIrectors of that horrible idea and divisive scheme are no longer Corps Directors either. And at least  3.. possibly 4.. of the original G7 Corps are now bleeding red and in debt financially for heavens sake .  Blenski's role as a former DCI Board Member is frankly irrelevant to the mess he created at Pioneer. Ironically, some of the people calling for more financial benchmarks for Corps like Pioneer to be able to go out of tour, are apparently unmindful of the fact that if we applied these so called" minimum financial benchmarks"to the Corps, 3 of the original G7 Corps and their busses would not have not left their parking lots in June for tour.

Anyone that attempts to take advantage of Blenski and Pioneer's problems now, by associating him with the Board of DCI back during the G7 attempted coup of DCI, is attempting to diminish the fact that even the worst or incompetent of bad guys sometimes do the right thing. Anyone that brings up the G7 scheme one more time in this Blenski mess at Pioneer, should be made to get down on the ground and give us 30 push ups, Imo. Enough already on the G7.   The " " G7 " was brought up here earlier this morning, and I let it slide.. The G7 has nothing to do with Blenski's mess at Pioneer... any more than the sexual pervert Hopkins mess at Cadets this winter/ spring has anything at all to do with the other 6 original G7 Corps that initially went along with Gibbs/ Hopkins back then. Those 7 Corps should thank their lucky stars they were ultimately thwarted by DCI from following Hopkins/ Gibbs out the doors of DCI back then... which is what Gibbs/ Hopkins  initially threatened to do if we recall if their extortion demands on DCI were not met.  But where are these two now ?  Enough already of bringing back the " the G7 " talk. its got little to nothing at all to do with Roman Blenski's mess he's created there for himself at Pioneer, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

Really?  Which 3 corps are you talking about?

check your pm for the 3.

Edited by BRASSO