NEW DCI Board of Directors

Just now, devsabre said:

...and the inconpetence is shown where exactly?  If you're thinking the Directors work for DCI, that's the case.  If you're thinking DCI can control all the Directors, that's not the case either.  What exactly would you like to see DCI do that would reflect "competence" on this issue?  

Lets look at what the reporter has to say:

Not sure anyone would say DCI has handled the issues facing the organization in this manner.

It's been pointed out before that the current President of the DCI board and at least one other member of the DCI board are lawyers that are not directors of any corps.   I'd lay good money that Dan is not operating in a vacuum on any of this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Daave said:

It's been pointed out before that the current President of the DCI board and at least one other member of the DCI board are lawyers that are not directors of any corps.   I'd lay good money that Dan is not operating in a vacuum on any of this.

Agree that he is not operating in a vacuum. You make the assumption that the independent board members and director board members are on the same page. So, for discussions sake, the independents remain out numbered (I believe it is 5-3 with 1 open corps director seat). Independents could want a more transparent approach than what we ahem seen to date (not saying they have... but for this discussion). However, if a couple corps director board members do not see it the same way the corps director group out numbers the independents. The independents lose every vote. The MO of most directors on this issue seems to be to circle the wagons. So, to your point, Dan may be following their lead (circle the wagons). Over time, this will prove to be the wrong approach... in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Lets look at what the reporter has to say:

Not sure anyone would say DCI has handled the issues facing the organization in this manner.

Quote Garfield:  Twice 

"...cover up..."?  Wow.  Some mighty big, powerful, and unproven contentions in your post."

"Again, DCI would applaud how Cadets have handled their situation and, I'd lay you odds, the DCI BoD would applaud how Dan has handled himself so far.

I think you're confusing what you'd like to see happen with what is actually possible from DCI under the current structure.

YEA! and DCI have different job descriptions; to conflate one for the other is in error regardless of your personal desires."

Ms Farris' indorsement of how YEA has weathered this storm is not an indictment of DCI.  You don't have a way ahead other than "do what YEA does?" Fair enough, all involved could perhaps communicate better.  

Bottome Line:  You have provided no information or data that supports your asertions, nothing you said indicates to the cover up/conspricy in your previous posts or the need to see Dan gone with no "competent" replacement.  If you have something more substantive to say...please say it!

Given the circumstances, the assumption I make is that anyone in that room that is not seriously taking the counsel of those two lawyers would be in the minority.  I would also assume that given these same circumstances, (If motions were even made that required a vote) Dan would not go against that vote and go rogue.  Again, if they are even making motions to vote on what they want Dan to do, the votes would have carried, would they not?

1 minute ago, devsabre said:

Quote Garfield:  Twice 

"...cover up..."?  Wow.  Some mighty big, powerful, and unproven contentions in your post."

"Again, DCI would applaud how Cadets have handled their situation and, I'd lay you odds, the DCI BoD would applaud how Dan has handled himself so far.

I think you're confusing what you'd like to see happen with what is actually possible from DCI under the current structure.

YEA! and DCI have different job descriptions; to conflate one for the other is in error regardless of your personal desires."

Ms Farris' indorsement of how YEA has weathered this storm is not an indictment of DCI.  You don't have a way ahead other than "do what YEA does?" Fair enough, all involved could perhaps communicate better.  

Bottome Line:  You have provided no information or data that supports your asertions, nothing you said indicates to the cover up/conspricy in your previous posts or the need to see Dan gone with no "competent" replacement.  If you have something more substantive to say...please say it!

Ask the reporters how DCI has handled/responded the various situations they have been dealing with in the media. Compare how they describe DCI's approach to that of YEA. I am certain that "truth" and "transparency" will not be terms they use for DCI. The next logical question becomes: Why is DCI responding in this way?

2 minutes ago, Daave said:

Given the circumstances, the assumption I make is that anyone in that room that is not seriously taking the counsel of those two lawyers would be in the minority.  I would also assume that given these same circumstances, (If motions were even made that required a vote) Dan would not go against that vote and go rogue.  Again, if they are even making motions to vote on what they want Dan to do, the votes would have carried, would they not?

Agreed. But the assumption you are making is that they independents are providing legal counsel on this issue and that they are the ones who are driving the agenda. I do believe the majority of the board is driving the agenda but it is not necessarily the independents. So... if in scenario 1, the majority of the board says "Don't talk" then Dan A is following the direction of the BoD. If the BoD says in scenario 2, "be transparent" then Dan A would be rogue. Which points out an issue with the governance structure since it is the interested directors who are calling the shots on an issue where the independents should be actually being the lead voice (again, we are playing this out in theory).

21 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Ask the reporters how DCI has handled/responded the various situations they have been dealing with in the media. Compare how they describe DCI's approach to that of YEA. I am certain that "truth" and "transparency" will not be terms they use for DCI. The next logical question becomes: Why is DCI responding in this way?

More misdirect...  I question your motives.  Nothing to see here...

Edited by devsabre
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Agreed. But the assumption you are making is that they independents are providing legal counsel on this issue and that they are the ones who are driving the agenda. I do believe the majority of the board is driving the agenda but it is not necessarily the independents. So... if in scenario 1, the majority of the board says "Don't talk" then Dan A is following the direction of the BoD. If the BoD says in scenario 2, "be transparent" then Dan A would be rogue. Which points out an issue with the governance structure since it is the interested directors who are calling the shots on an issue where the independents should be actually being the lead voice (again, we are playing this out in theory).

From the DCI website listed as the DCI board, I only recognize three as directors?  It would appear there are more independents?  Are the interested directors really calling shots?

Kathy Black, Chair
Chris Komnick, Vice-Chair

James Doyle
Charles Frost
David Glasgow
Fran Kick
John Masterson
Jim Tabuchi

2 minutes ago, devsabre said:

More misdirect...  I question your motives.  Nothing to see here...

A direct response. Not a misdirect. If you read the reporting you will see how DCI has been portrayed. Contrast that with YEA/Cadets.