• 2002 - Cadets
    • 2003 - Cadets
    • 2004 - Santa Clara Vanguard
    • 2005 - Cadets
    • 2006 - Phantom Regiment
    • 2007 - Blue Devils
    • 2008 - Phantom Regiment
    • 2009 - Blue Devils

I'd have to say its a tie for me, between 2004 vanguard, and 2008 regiment.soOOOOOOOOOOOOO much clarity!!!!!

I would've voted for the 2010 Phantom Regiment but that choice wasn't there so I chose 2007 Blue Devils , this was a real tuff choice between B.D. and SCV !

My first choice would be '03 SCV, but that's another topic altogether. DCI might not ever see a drumline play with the aggression and musicality of '03 and '04 Vanguard. Jim Casella's beats with Murray's approach was simply amazing. I am a Rennick fan as well, but I'd give any amount of money to see '03 and '04 Jonz in the lot just one more time. Those guys brought it.

• Like 6

05 Cadets. Although I think before I've answered 03 Cadets for this same question.

Some great books that decade. Cadets were on fire to start things out after a 90's of almost capturing drum titles only to come up short. But SCV just killed it in 2004 with a killer battery and front ensemble book which is my vote. Then Cadets capping their dynasty with furious balls to wall book in 2005. Love what Phantom Regiment did to cap off the decade.

Order:

SCV 04

PR 08

Cadets 05

Cadets 03

Cavies 00

PR 06

Cadets 02

BD 07

BD 09

Cadets 01

04 SCV, just a hair ahead of 08 Phantom, just a hair ahead of 05 Cadets. I couldn't argue with the person who chose any of those three as #1. And that's leaving out incredible lines from 03 SCV, 07 BD and, IMO the most under-appreciated line of the decade, 08 Vanguard. I'm not sure people give that line the respect it deserves.

• Like 1