DCI All-star Corps/Ensemble

Hey everybody,

Now, this idea just came to me, but has there ever been thought of a DCI Allstar corps?

I imagine it would sorta work like the NFL manages the ProBowl... Maybe a few spots are open for each corps, and the corps will vote for who will represent them. Maybe at the end of the season they could have a small standstill.

I dont know. The idea of having the best the Cavies, Bluecoats, Cadets, Bluestars, Colts etc. have to offer, performing together sounds awesome, and I think It would bring a new unity to the corps in DCI

What do you think?

• Like 1

That is actually a very good idea!! Even learning drill too! Notwithstanding how awesome that would be, it would almost certainly not work :huh2: How would they find time?

Very true. You never know though. I mean, I never thought I'd find time to work on a piece for I&E, but it worked out! Maybe they are picked at the start of the season and given music to work on throughout tour? Not sure...

Very true. You never know though. I mean, I never thought I'd find time to work on a piece for I&E, but it worked out! Maybe they are picked at the start of the season and given music to work on throughout tour? Not sure...

I like the idea of picking them at the beginning, but I think that they should pick them at the beginning of training camp instead of the entire season.

Hey everybody,

Now, this idea just came to me, but has there ever been thought of a DCI Allstar corps?

I imagine it would sorta work like the NFL manages the ProBowl... Maybe a few spots are open for each corps, and the corps will vote for who will represent them. Maybe at the end of the season they could have a small standstill.

I dont know. The idea of having the best the Cavies, Bluecoats, Cadets, Bluestars, Colts etc. have to offer, performing together sounds awesome, and I think It would bring a new unity to the corps in DCI

What do you think?

It has been DONE before and it's sad that people have forgotten about it to the point that it would be a question for a DCP thread. Go to the unmentionable video website, do a google search on "All Star Drum Corps" and you will find performances in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade and the Fiesta Bowl Parade. It was a product of the late 80s and early 90s. Began in 1986/87 at the Cotton Bowl parade, then went to the Orange Bowl Parade the following year and then for the next several years split between an East and West corps for yearly performances at the Fiesta Bowl Parade and the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. The Fiesta Bowl Group would also do an exhibition at the Fiesta Bowl Pageant of bands and did a full show (with easy late 70s/early 80s style drill).

Go to the site we can't mention and type on "All Star Drum Corps".

It has been DONE before and it's sad that people have forgotten about it to the point that it would be a question for a DCP thread. Go to the unmentionable video website, do a google search on "All Star Drum Corps" and you will find performances in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade and the Fiesta Bowl Parade. It was a product of the late 80s and early 90s. Began in 1986/87 at the Cotton Bowl parade, then went to the Orange Bowl Parade the following year and then for the next several years split between an East and West corps for yearly performances at the Fiesta Bowl Parade and the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. The Fiesta Bowl Group would also do an exhibition at the Fiesta Bowl Pageant of bands and did a full show (with easy late 70s/early 80s style drill).

Go to the site we can't mention and type on "All Star Drum Corps".

Or just read the thread and watch the video embedded in Bawker's post. wink.gif

Edited by MarchandPlay
  • Like 1

There is that DCI parade in Indy on the day of finals. I mean, maybe that could be moved to earlier, like before quarterfinals? I'm just throwing out ideas.